1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Portable media players

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, Dec 25, 2008.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Okay SportsJournalists.com techies I need help choosing a portable media player.

The Iphone is a leading candidate. On the plus side, it has all the features I need (I don't own an MP3 player). I could sell my blackberry, sell my camera and have everything I need in one item. The base price wouldn't be too bad because I could buy it on ebay and sell my other electronics. But the monthly internet cost would be killer. (I currently have a blackberry but no internet.) However, I've heard the iphone is bad for texting. I text a ton. I rarely talk on the phone, but text all the time, that's why I love my blackberry, which also currently serves as my mp3 player- but it's a shitty interface.

The Itouch is also up there, but for other reasons. It has the WIFI, which is available pretty much everywhere I go. So I could have the internet for free. It would also provide the media feature and it has a easy to use interface. The one knock is it has no camera. So I'd basically be walking around with a camera, phone and a media player. It's completely unnecessary.

I've also looked at the Zen XI-FI, but I previously owned a zen micro and was unhappy with it.

Does anyone know of any media players that have it all? Or know of any that are coming out soon?

Draft saved Draft deleted