1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Popular country music band breaks up

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Joel_Goodsen, Jan 15, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Thank God South Dakota's leading hip-hop group MC Jens and Kronic Cough are still kicking it.

2. Mr. Homer

Mr. Homer Member

Not a big country music fan, but I have a decent knowledge of the stuff. I have never heard of this band. But I never hang out in Pittsburgh either.

3. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

Between the colts loss sunday and the cross-threading tonight ... my head has spun right off my shoulders. I only got through one page of the Brad Renfro memorial. Luckily, everyone's avatar has caught me up real quick. Thanks!

4. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

And that has to do with (insert name of band here) how? Wow, this band is so memorable I can't even remember them. Though, I was is Pitt right now I'd down and Iron and Imp in their honor.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I thought you liked Rascal Flats. After all, nasally is a vocal style. [/JasonRichardson]

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Povertyneck Hillbillies? What a dumb fucking name.

I was just glad this wasn't about the Old 97's....

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Unless I see Donnie Iris in a cowboy hat...

Why not just call themselves West Virginians instead of Povertyneck Hillbillies?

Come on. Someone had to type it.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Never been to Pittsburgh, but I'm pretty sure my native Texan status qualifies me to say this: country music isn't real country music if it comes out of Pittsburgh.

9. Faithless

Faithless Member

Now that the Hillbillies are defunct, I can turn my attention to a band that's playing in clubs throughout the South: the Brokeback Mountain Daredevils.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Why do I have visions of these guys playing at Kennywood in a few years and calling themselves "Povertyneck Hillbillies Mark II", only as a free-form jazz odyssey?

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

And under "Puppet Show" in the marquee.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

How many times do they have to be told? It's Povertyneck Hillbillies Mark II first and then puppet show.

But at least we've got the bigger dressing room.

Draft saved Draft deleted