1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Popular Bands & Hit Songs You HATE!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SoSueMe, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Song: Any one on the Billboard Top 10 since somewhere around 2002.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

The Stones, Zepplin, Pink Floyd and The Who. Can't really abide any of them and their music never really did anything for me. Maybe it's the time in which I was young (born in 1971) but I never liked their music. Doesn't mean they weren't good. Just means they weren't good for me.

3. IU90

IU90 Member

Nearly any of those 1980s Survivor/Eye of the Tiger/Kenny Loggins/Danger Zone/Footloose type pseudo-rock crap hits that doubled in the soundtracks of way too many movies of a certain big-haired era.

4. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Didn't wade through the whole thread, but "Party Like A Rock Star" will never, EVER, be on my iPod.

5. KG

KG Active Member

Justin Timberlake, he's starting to creep me out.

6. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

God knows I've tried with Zeppelin ... bought the box set and everything a few years back, and it stays pretty much unplayed. They just don't move me. Pete Townsend says the same thing (in the Rock and Roll doc), and I'm sure people thought it was sour grapes. But they really don't do it for me.

7. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Duane, how much you want for the box set?

8. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

http://www.amazon.com/Led-Zeppelin/dp/B000002IQ1/ref=sr_1_6/002-3491812-6592046?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1183741823&sr=1-6

You can get the sucker for $20 from Amazon marketplace.

9. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

No. Not in the least. Even though Mrs. Birdscribe can't stand them and has poisoned trained my kids not to like them either.

As for your Metallica fetish.... well, at least you like Rush. So you got that going for you, which is nice. ;)

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Some of you people scare me.

I'll, in turn, horrify some others.

Dylan. Not hate, but more disinterest. The tunes, which I find some to be entertaining are just buzzkilled by a remarkably awful singing voice.

11. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

You're not alone. I've always found him boring.

And as far as Dylan, singing well is highly overrated.

12. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I could do without both Dylan and Jimi Hendrix ... just never caught on to either one of them.

The Beatles? I like a couple of songs and a few McCartney solos, but wouldn't cry if I never got to hear them again.

Springsteen? A few of his songs are on my 5***** list, but aside from "Born To Run," they're not on anyone else's list ("Bobby Jean" comes to mind).

That said, I could listen to anything by Rush and Pink Floyd. Along with Journey, they're my top three faves.

Draft saved Draft deleted