1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Popular Bands & Hit Songs You HATE!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SoSueMe, Jul 5, 2007.

1. KG

KG Active Member

WHAT?? Tom Sawyer is one of the best songs EVER!

2. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

BAND: Tom Petty. I know, I've already ducked into a corner with the laptop typing this. They sound like the feral cats outside my apartment. And every song is a riff off getting high. Which, sorry, not me.

SONG: Anything by Alan Jackson. Anything. Including the 9/11 song.

3. Meat Loaf

Meat Loaf Guest

Can't stand Floyd or Zepplin.

4. EE94

EE94 Guest

Coldplay is Radiohead-lite

5. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Band: The Dead, Buffett, 80s hair metal, prog rock (except some Yes songs), boy bands, most pop music, new radio-friendly country. That about covers it.

Songs: Any by those bands, except Friend of the Devil. For some reason I like this song. But the rest, I just throw up in my mouth a little.

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I remember Blender wrote in its review of a Rush best-of package, "Buy this, and your girlfriend will leave you."

The Rush crowds are the most full-throated of any concert I've seen, what with it being all guys. The Rush in Rio CD has the deepest-sounding mix of any I've heard, because they had to work around the sound of 40,000 male Brazilians cheering and singing along.

The second-most guy-heavy crowd was Mojo Nixon. Or as he put it:

"My wife asks me, 'Mojo, are you fuckin' around on the road?' And I say, 'No, honey, I ain't.' Because when I look in front of me [Mojo waves his right arm across the audience], I see nuthin' but guys."

7. KG

KG Active Member

So do chicks really not dig Rush? Hmmm Is there something wrong with me?

8. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Ah Mojo: I wanna be in Martha Quinn.
    Jesus at McDonald's was the first thing I heard from him, and remains a fave. Saw him in Louisville one night and it was hilarious. People get giving him shots and he got hammered and kind of stumbled out the back door of the club for about 10 minutes, then came back in. But he didn't play Jesus at McDonalds!!!

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I interviewed Mojo Nixon when he was riding high with "Elvis Is Everywhere". Funniest guy I've ever talked to.

10. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

I am probably going to catch major shit for this, but I cannot listen to anything by Bruce Springsteen. I've given him shot after shot, different song after song, early and late. But I just can't stand the guy's voice - it makes me want to put a virus on my computer just so I never hear it again.

11. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

For me it's Barbra Streisand. One of my college roommates played her music over and over (I think she was borderline psychotic in her Streisand obsession -- she was convinced she even looked like Barbra), and would think nothing of ripping the needle across one of my albums, then disgustedly jam it back into the sleeve and put one of her Streisand albums on the turntable. No asking or anything, just come into the room and scratch the crap out of any non-Babs album.

12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Same here. I've never really cared for Bob Dylan, but I don't hate the guy.

Others: The Eagles, KISS

Song: "That Smell" by Lynyrd Skynyrd

Draft saved Draft deleted