1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Popular Bands & Hit Songs You HATE!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SoSueMe, Jul 5, 2007.

1. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

I have no idea why this struck me, probably because I was on my way home from the mall after buying some classic rock, but anyway . . .

Name a popular band and/or song you can't stand. It run the gamut from classic rock to 80s to current.

I'll go first.

BAND
    I can't stand Pink Floyd. Everywhere I've lived, Pink Floyd has been the staple of the "classic rock" station. They're overplayed and I can no long listen.

SONG
    Turn the Page - Bob Seger
    This song is like nails on a chalkboard to me. The second I here the sax, I change the station. When I uploaded my CDs to my iTunes, this is a song I left off.

Next!

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

You can't stand Pink Floyd? :'(

Band: Creed. I'm finally starting to see why people say they suck.

Song: Lips of an Angel (both versions). It's not played as much now, but earlier this summer it was. And the country version just ruined the song for me.

3. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

I know. I know. I can't stand Pink Floyd. That's what sparked this thread. I thought "Am I blasphemous for hating on Floyd?" And wanted to know if any others hated popular bands, too.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Songs: Too many to mention.

Band: Maroon 5.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I'm really tired of hearing Eagles songs, but I can't quite say I hate them.

And even though I always liked Fine Young Cannibals, I cannot stand to hear "She Drives Me Crazy" any more.

6. Nickelback.

7. every band listed here except Uncle Tupelo, Genesis and the Kinks: http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/39641/

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I started a thread for Popular bands, awful songs a few months back and nearly put out the d_b alert, but this is a bit different.

I concur with Omar on Nickelback.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Band: Rush :D

Song: It's blasphemy, but Rocket by Def Lep.

10. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Ah, our quarterly hate-this-band thread. Always love em.

Band: Maroon 5

Song: Do You Feel Like We Do -- more overplayed now than in the 70's.

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Oh come on, you know you love Maroon 5.

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

The story goes that Malcolm McLaren first met John Lydon when he came into McLaren's shop wearing a ripped-up Pink Floyd concert T with "I Hate" written over the band's name. So you're not the only one.

While I'm here:

Band: Bon Jovi. In inverse proportion to how much my wife loves them. I think you can guess how old we are just by the previous sentence.

Song: "I Melt With You," Modern English. See above.

Draft saved Draft deleted