1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Popular bands/artists that you can't stand

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Stretch15, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

We have a lot of music threads that talk about bands/artists that folks love. Let's turn it around for a minute...

Top 3 Bands/Artists I Hate - Metal Division
    3. Iron Maiden - some people love Bruce Dickinson's voice - I am not one of them
    2. Black Sabbath - their music is just way too creepy and bizarre
    1. Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven is their only song that I can stomach

Top 3 Bands/Artists I hate - Solo Artist Division
    3. Alanis Morissette - when she hits her high notes, she sounds like she's going through puberty over and over and over again
    2. Billy Idol - where do I even begin...
    1. David Bowie - he has the complete package - annoying voice, annoying music, and annoying alter ego

Top 3 Bands/Artists I hate - Country Division
    3. Gretchen Wilson - you are not tough, you are not cool, you just stink
    2. Trace Adkins - I'd rather not hear about your Honky Tonk Badonkadonk, thank you very much
    1. Willie Nelson - I wish he would get back on the road again and never come back

All-time Top 5 Bands I Hate - the world will be a better place if I never, ever hear another song from these groups:
    5. Pink Floyd - there are overrated bands, and then there is Floyd - simply awful
    4. Rolling Stones - people actually pay money to hear Mick Jagger sing?
    3. U2 - my younger brother tried to turn me onto Bono and the boys...thankfully, it didn't work
    2. Nirvana - Kurt Cobain's voice sounds like somebody is dragging a Collie across a cheese grater - pure noise
    1b. The Grateful Dead - possibly the most irritating, aggravating, obnoxious vocals I have ever heard...except for:
    1a. Smashing Pumpkins - will somebody please tell Billy Corgan to stop singing...anybody...please...just make him stop

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

So what exactly do you listen to?

3. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

Here's just a sample of what is on my iTunes:

Def Leppard
    Craig Chaquico
    Sugarland
    Hall and Oates
    Anita Baker
    Boney James
    Eric Marienthal
    Journey
    Styx
    The Outfield
    Rascal Flatts
    Andy Snitzer
    Van Halen and a little Van Hagar
    The Braxton Brothers
    George Winston

4. Clever username

I, uh, see.

5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Wasn't this a thread not too long ago?

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Here's what I dislike ...

Add Rush, Boston, scream core, Dave Matthews Band, Creed, Limp Bizkit, and nearly every artist who employs the letter 'z' as a plural and that about covers it.

7. Clever username

They've all been a thread from not too long ago.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Are you talking about when Jerry or Phil or Bob or Pigpen was singing?

9. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

How could I omit Creed and Dave Matthews? I must be more tired than I thought.

I would have listed Eminem and all his friends, but I figured that was a no-brainer.

Bubbler - no love for Hall and Oates? One on One, Sara Smile, Wait for Me (live version)...good stuff.

10. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

Yes, yes, yes and yes.

Touch of Grey is one of the worst songs I've heard - awful singing, and that chessy synthesizer

11. Clever username

Stretch, you might have the worst taste in my music of anyone I have ever met. Though you get points for hating Creed.

12. Comparing your lists of bands you hate and bands you listen to, it's apparent you hate popular bands in general.

Draft saved Draft deleted