1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Popular band ... awful song

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Claws for Concern, May 14, 2007.

1. chazp

chazp Active Member

Dude, music is supposed to be one of the fun things in life. Most KISS songs are about sex, and the last time I checked, sex was flat out fun.

2. I'm not a huge peppers fan. A lot of the lyrics are jibberish but I give credit to Kiedis for writing one of my all time favorite lines in a song:

Push me up against the wall
    Young Kentucky girl in a push-up bra

3. chazp

chazp Active Member

Threadjack: I love push-up bras. Truly one of the great things in life!

4. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Thanks Dennis, can;t wait for Rescue Me.

5. Worst REM song ever was Losing My Religion.

6. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

No, but it is a disco song, I guess their only attempt at one thank god. It's got that disco beat.

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Human nature -- Michael Jackson.

His absolute worst

8. EE94

EE94 Guest

as in Pink Floyd's Mother?

if so, you're crazy

its a concept album and you can't take any of the songs out of context. the music is simple - much of floyd is - Am, G, D, C, though outstandingly produced - but the lyrics take you to a place in Roger Waters mind that we really shouldn't go

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I didn't think "Chemistry" was so awful ... thing is, it doesn't aid the transition from "The Analog Kid" to "Digital Man."

And I liked "Hold Your Fire." Most of Rush's first three albums should be chucked ... Neil Peart has said as much. Some nice exclusions, of course - "Lakeside Park," "Working Man" for starters.

"Hold Your Fire" is hit-and-miss. "Time Stand Still" with Aimee Mann was worthwhile. Maybe I'm the only one who really likes "Mission" and "Turn The Page." No doubt that "Tai Shan" and "Open Water" wasn't worth much.
    ----

Billy Joel: "All You Want To Do Is Dance" ... dump this and "Turnstiles" becomes even better. Just awful.

Genesis: "Whodunnit." Ouch.

10. that we didn't start the fire song is just fucking wretched

how do you get from Supper's Ready to Whodunnit? hard to believe banks and rutherford let this happen

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

That's why I excluded Young Lust . . . I hate when the radio stations play individual songs from The Wall. They just don't work, considering the high quality of the unified work.

As for Mother: I thought it was a reference to the Danzig song. Or the John lennon song.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

"Mama" and "Home By the Sea" was proof the brain fart was temporary.

I didn't think "We Didn't Start the Fire" was all that wretched ... not nearly as good as "Leningrad" and "State of Grace," though on "Storm Front."

Draft saved Draft deleted