1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Popular band ... awful song

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Claws for Concern, May 14, 2007.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I know some, maybe most, people will love that this thread topic will commence with Rush (my all-time favorite band), but this topic came to mind after listening to two of their worst songs ever on Sunday ...

"Dog Years" and "Virtuality" off the Test for Echo album. The sad part is that "Virtuality" would have made for a decent instrumental (and I would have changed the title if so), but the lyrics absolutely blow. Same goes for "Dog Years" but it's just flat out bad.

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

If you're judging lyrics, you can throw out half the shit ever written. Anthony Kiedis, for one, has been writing absolute nonsense for 20 years.

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I'm talking about bad songs as a whole, I merely gave reasons for why those two Rush songs are awful.

I'm sure this could be a thread to mention every Kiss song ever recorded, Bruce Springsteen's "Hungry Heart", Cochrane's 'Life is a Highway" and so on.

4. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I agree with Hungry Heart but I love Life Is A Highway. I think I discovered Cochrane late though.

5. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Aerosmith and that song from Armageddon. Holy fuckin' shit is that song terrible.

6. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Aerosmith is a funny band. Their music sucks now, but I'd still be happy if they'd play it in concert.

Great band, stood the test of time.

7. John

John Well-Known Member

When the Grateful Dead started in on Dancing in the Streets, I always went for beer. Utter crap.

Van Halen version sucks ass, too.

In fact, all versions of that song suck.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

we built this city....

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Winner.

Of course, when Aerosmith recorded that song, they'd been recording utter shit for nearly 10 years. So we shouldn't have been surprised.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The song Girl by the Beatles just sucks. Keeps Rubber Soul from being as good as Revolver.

11. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

If you really want to get into nonsense, listen to LFO (Summertime Girls) where they just start listing random shit. What makes it even worse is that it's a damn ad for Abercrombie & Fitch and things that are supposed to rhyme, don't.

"Hip-hop, marmalade, spic and span,
    Met you one summer and it all began
    You're the best girl that I ever did see,
    The great Larry Bird Jersey 33"

It's been 10 years, and I still can't figure out WTF these guys were on.

12. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

And in case you didn't watch an NFL game this season:

"This is our country"

Draft saved Draft deleted