1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pop Culture Blind Spots

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Using a treadmill is not walking around in public. It's just walking in public. And maybe not even that, if the gym is relatively empty.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Really? I love when people there have headphones on. At least they aren't flapping their guns incessantly, which is the major problem at the local Y.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Yep. I think wearing headphones at the gym should be non-negotiable. Seriously, I hate when people try to talk to me at the gym.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

People approach you in public? You must not be wearing the pug shirt anymore.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

A few people apparently are immune to my "leave me alone" vibe. I did wear that pug shirt to work out a while back. I was alone until about the last 5 minutes of my routine, until some young kid came in. He walked in, sheepishly glanced at me, walked to the opposite corner of where I was and stayed there. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. Dick Whitman

I know the odds of getting a straight answer are about a million to one, but I guess I'm not sure why "non-negotiable" has become a running inside joke.

7. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

You mentioned that 60 minutes of cardio each day is non-negotiable. That seems a little absolutist, no?What if you're sick? What if your wife's sick and you have to watch the kids? What if you have a really busy day and can't carve out 60 minutes? What if you break your leg? What if you get so immersed in a battle of ideas that the entire day goes by before you even notice? The statement came off a tad ridiculous and mock-worthy. And I thank you for it. :)

9. Dick Whitman

I say a lot of things that are ridiculous and mock-worthy. It seemed odd to me to seize on that one, which wouldn't make the top 100.

As you were.

Draft saved Draft deleted