1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poor Mama Duggar is feeling overwhelmed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Baron Scicluna, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Careful. DocQuaint is going to criticize her for acting holier than thou.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

That long post reminded me of something I read yesterday. It was reported that the Duggar parents were stunned to find out that Josh had cheated. After all, they had never allowed him to be exposed to that kind of lifestyle. Why, where would he pick up such ideas? Well, you make sure that your kids are completely removed from society at large and shelter them to an unhealthy extent, it is almost guaranteed they will make bad decisions when they are faced with the reality of adulthood. There is a whole hell of a lot of difference between protecting your children and setting them up to fail. Josh Duggar was never prepared to be a functioning adult, and that is why he sucks at it.

SFIND, Dick Whitman and HC like this.
  4. Baron Scicluna

And that's a horseshit shirt you're wearing too, Doc.

Make it $600.

5. doctorquant

Refresh my memory ... What's that from?

6. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

First part is from ball four

7. doctorquant

Ah, sounded familiar ... Is that the part with the chicken a la king?

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  8. Baron Scicluna

Yes it is. It's where the food tasted horrible, except Bouton liked it, then at the end, one of the players looks to the clubhouse guy and rips on him for his shirt.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed, but I think it is more than that. The parents also protected Josh Duggar from any significant punishment when he molested his sisters and at least one other girl. He did the wrong thing, repeatedly, and admitted as much and still got away with it. That can certainly lead to a feeling of entitlement, an assumption that he can act improperly without suffering any real consequences.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Last I checked, Jared Fogle didn't lecture an entire nation on morals, nor did he head a moral-based organization -- Josh Duggar did. Jared was little more than a D-list celebrity, his generation's Richard Simmons.

Draft saved Draft deleted