1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poor Mama Duggar is feeling overwhelmed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Baron Scicluna, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Baron, you act holier than thou all the time; you just sound ignorant doing it so it's enjoyable.

Having said that, I have no problem calling out the parents for what you alluded to: they had these kids and aside from giving them shelter, basically made them indentured servants. The downfall of their oldest is some serious reaping.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

OK there Sunshine, how do I act holier than thou?

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

We still haven't gotten to the part where Josh catches Teh Gay. That one will be ratings gold.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The Jesus freaks want to sin and be caught so they can receive forgiveness and feel that much closer to God.

5. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Note this story regarding the whole Ashley Madison, um, affair:

Cheating website subscribers included WH, Congress workers

It seems AP did some really serious investigative work to track and confirm accounts/involvment of these much more officially influential and important people. Yet, it did this:

The AP is not naming the government subscribers it found because they are not elected officials or accused of a crime.

You can't deny the irony in that, that's for sure. Duggar must be wondering why he can't catch that break when, comparatively, he's a nobody, especially now.

And yes, you did equate the two things when you added the current cheating on his wife to this thread in a blatant pile-on referring back to his previous issues.

Regardless, I don't understand the glee, and frankly, hope you all never do anything that anybody might have to, or want to, forgive you for. And I don't know about TheSportsPredictor's theory/explanation for Duggar's or anybody else's behavior. But yes, I hate to tell you, Jesus really is all about forgiveness and drawing closer to God.

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Josh Duggar is a very public figure. A legislative aide is not. Do you not understand that?

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You're right, the real victim here is that poor Josh Duggar, he just can't catch a break.

Are you a Duggar?

8. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I know I'm right. But not about what you're saying I think I'm right about.

And I'm starting to find this whole discussion kind of funny, actually.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

What exactly are you right about? Please explain to those of us not as god fearing and righteous as Josh Duggar and yourself.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Nobody equated cheating in a marriage with molesting children. Repeat that particular lie all you want, but that won't make it true.

Also, the response to the latest revelation of hypocrisy and misbehavior by Duggar is not piling on. It is new information. It also pokes a massive hole in the argument made by you that his misdeeds are in the past. He's just found new ways to lie and hurt people.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

WriteThinking: Duggars::Rhody31: Patriots

YankeeFan, DanielSimpsonDay and JC like this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Also, Gawker and the AP have very different standards.

So it's not ironic at all that one would report and another wouldn't.

Draft saved Draft deleted