1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poor Mama Duggar is feeling overwhelmed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Baron Scicluna, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Beat me to it.

Family values indeed.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Maybe he gave his sisters a night off once in a while.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Amen and Hallelujah to the Ashley Madison Exposition Crew. Any word from Gov. Huckabee on this one? If you're an apologist for child molestation, shouldn't you also jump to the defense of the allegedly mistreated again when the offense is marital infidelity?

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Ask Write Thinking.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Who wants to bet on another Fox News interview, in which they do little more than blame the media?

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'd take that bet, but Megyn Kelly, who threw more softballs than The King and His Court in the previous hand-holding exercise with the molester's accomplices, is on exile this week.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Are you suggesting that Josh Duggar's mistakes might not be in the past and should not simply be considered normal childhood behavior?

9. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

OK, I'll answer you jerks (who can't seem to get over Josh Duggar as he seems to color everything you post lately, particularly with regard to me. Geez, do you even realize that? Regardless, it's getting really obvious and old).

The Ashley Madison thing is bad, and damning, although mostly, sadly, probably, for his marriage, more than anything else. It's not like he's the first guy who might have had or sought an affair.

I still believe his actions as teen may not have been necessarily isolated in comparison with many other teens of that age, and I still believe it's possible to change and be a productive, non-child-molesting adult, and I know that such incidents occur, more often than most parents may ever realize or find out about. Also, it's still unusual (in a good way, I think) that the Duggar parents only found out about their son's issues from Josh himself. None of that has changed.

And all that, and having an affair, are not the same thing. I wouldn't equate them and I wouldn't relate them, with regard to anybody. Otherwise, there'd never be anybody who had an affair who also didn't ever niggle another child.

Again, it's not like he's the first man -- or any better or worse than any other man -- who's had or sought an affair.

Those are my thoughts and I happen to be willing to share them and stand behind them.

Now, why don't you all get over Josh Duggar? (Geez, and you all thought I was hung up on him). You only know about him and his issues because of his and his family's quasi-celebrity -- and In Touch magazine's dogged, determined, and now ridiculously repeated and pointed -- targeting of them, anyway.

10. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

oop never gets hung up on things.

old_tony likes this.
  11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

How exactly do you know him? Apparently the rest of us only know him through his quasi-celebrity and IN Touch magazine. Those poor Duggar's being targeted, they never asked for any of this attention, I feel for them.

Your thoughts on Jared from Subway, pedophile or just misunderstood?

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

You left out the part where he's not the only guy to hobnob with Republican politicians and tsk, tsk, tsk people for their morals.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted