1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Polygamy: Why not?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Nov 21, 2006.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I knew you'd like that, dools...

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I don't know why, but the term ``plural marriages'' cracks me up.

3. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Jedediah, I'm here for the gangbang.

4. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

This would be great. Then I could have two or three wives changing their minds six times per hour about which movie we're going to see.

My wife has been going to a personal trainer for about a year. I feel like sending the guy a letter: "So how come she isn't trained yet?"

5. dog428

dog428 Active Member

If you've ever thought that this way of life might be the thing for you, check out HBO's "Big Love" sometime.

I get freakin' exhausted just watching that poor bastard try to handle all the shit that's happening in his three-wife family.

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I'd be against polygamy, believing marriage should be limited to two adults. Once you start involving multiple marriages for one person you're asking for trouble. In addition to the health insurance questions already raised, how about the divorce implications -- who gets custody of the kids? The person in the divorce who had just one spouse and will now be single or the person who has multiple spouses and can instantly provide a family for the child?

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Theoretically, consenting adults should be able to engage in multiple marriages.

8. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

If a man has more than one wife, it's polygamy. If a woman has more than one husband, it's polyamory.

Don't ask me why I know this. It's just one of those things that got stuck in my gray matter once upon a time.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

It's polyandry.

10. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

I guess it finally came unstuck.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

But it does help that Paxton's character is pulling down something in the comfy six figures. That cleans up a lot of domestic problems.

12. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Bigamy rarely involves consent.
    And, it rarely involves two adults.
    Other than that, legal jerkwads like Turley are on solid ground.

Draft saved Draft deleted