1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Polygamy: Why not?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Nov 21, 2006.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

That's it! I"m starting my own polygamist territory...Four men for every woman!

(hopefully between four of them, they can do one man's worth of house work.)

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I would have been a little concerned were you to have received a proposal within the first decade and a half of that.
    Don't get your hopes up! :-*

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Open marriages I get (wouldn't want one, but I understand the appeal), but more than one spouse. One is perfect (does that cover my ass if my wife sees this?) hehe

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

All of which could have been argued before on-demand divorce became the norm. These are issues that could, and would, be worked out through due process. They are not reasons why, theoretically, consenting adults should not be allowed to enter into a multiple marriage.

5. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

The problem with multiple marriages is you generally end up with some perv wanting to marry a 14-year-old girl. Like someone mentioned earlier, there's a lot of spousal abuse and criminally underaged brides in those polygamist cults. But if you keep everything to consenting adults, I've got no problems.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

No Fen, steak and shrimp was great for Thanksgiving. I'm sure you loaded yourself up with something. But in the holiday spirit, let me suggest to you that you remove the clog of paste that has to be stuck in your ass. Because you're more full of shit than most people.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I beleive soon to be Ex Senator Santorum made the argument that polygomoy would become legal soon after gay marriage became legal. How can the government dicriminate between similar private acts among consenting adults?

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good deal for the husband. The he can forget several anniversaries.

In any case, the support for polygamy is basically an issue of equal rights for the mentally ill.

9. Gold

Gold Active Member

Women can't have more than one husband because the husbands would never get in the bathrooms. :)

10. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

pastor wrote:
    this is already a problem. who pays for the health care of the women and children today? the hardcore fundamentalists don't mind screwing the government out of money or "bleeding the beast" as it's called.

i say, sure make it legal, and make them pay for healthcare and prevent them from defrauding the governement. i'm not so sure the polygamists will like that idea so much. now, my comments address the hardcore fundamentalists, not the ones who want to do this on the level.

from the wash. post story:

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Can I get the thread title changed to
    Ploygamy: Why the fuck not? No, seriously, I was asking. That wasn't rhetorical. Speak you fucking imbecile.

Nevermind.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted