1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: Worst Super Bowl champion

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by beefncheddar, Feb 4, 2007.

?

Choose your worst of the best

1. 67 Packers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 68 Jets

3 vote(s)
    4.7%
  3. 69 Chiefs

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  4. 70 Colts

6 vote(s)
    9.4%
  5. 80 Raiders

8 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. 82 Redskins

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  7. 88 49ers

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. 01 Patriots

11 vote(s)
    17.2%
  9. 02 Buccaneers

13 vote(s)
    20.3%
  10. 05 Steelers

19 vote(s)
    29.7%
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2000 Ravens would get my vote ... if they were on the list.

And I have nothing to say to the bitter loyal Seahawks fans other than "Good luck next season."

2. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

And why in the name of God's Green Earth are the '67 Packers and their entire Hall of Fame roster on this list? They won 35-10, then came back the next year and beat the crap out of the Raiders.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

For the 15 people (37.5 percent) who voted the Steelers the worst Super Bowl champion, I would like to bring up something in light of today's events.

A year ago, the Colts were the best team in football. Went 13-0 to start, got home-field advantage where supposedly no one would be able to stop them from making the Super Bowl. Except the Steelers did, leading by as much as 21-3 in the second half and only getting a scare in the final five minutes after a bizarre replay reversal that never should have happened in the first place.

Today, a Colts team with more flaws than the one that lost to the Steelers one year ago just won the Super Bowl. Add in road wins against the Nos. 1-3 seeds in the AFC -- the best conference in football -- and beating the best team in the NFC from start to finish (Seattle) in the Super Bowl, and there's no way the Steelers are the worst team to have ever won a Super Bowl.

Rant over.

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Like I said, the teams are straight off ESPN's list. Didn't make any judgments on who to put in (wanted to be able to deflect the blame).

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

2000 Ravens.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Unquestionably, 1980 Raiders. Their opponent, the Eagles weren't particularly great. Beyond that, the Raiders just weren't very <i> good </i>. An old, aging team. No Marcus Allen. The 1970 Colts are a close second. That team was ancient.

The 2005 Steelers? No way. They beat the best four teams in the NFL to win it. And deserved every win. How can you possibly vote for that team?

7. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Ok, I marked it down....now what? ;D

8. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

hehe... again. Thanks, Oz. Monday's usually suck... but today I read this and it should be a good afternoon!

9. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

Most of the Super Bowl champions from this decade were less-than-dominant teams. It's the nature of the NFL now.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Just had to speak my peace one last time, you know, after the Colts handled Chicago last night. Anything to help Browns fans anywhere smile.

Oh, and for the record, I voted for the Ravens here. Because I cannot stand those guys.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Amen

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Jealousy.

Draft saved Draft deleted