1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: Will You Continue To Watch NFL Games Officiated By Replacement Refs?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Care Bear, Sep 25, 2012.

?

Will you continue to watch NFL games officiated by replacement refs?

1. No

4 vote(s)
    7.5%
  2. Yes

40 vote(s)
    75.5%
  3. Undecided

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  4. I will say no, but I will still watch

7 vote(s)
    13.2%
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I've been boycotting the NFL since the first game they put scab refs on the field. Travesty.

2. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Oh heck yes I'll watch. I love this. It's hilarious. The reactions are priceless. It really is almost like the WWE. I kept waiting for the Packers to march back onto the field for the bogus extra point last night, block it and run it back for a 2-point conversion to win, with Michael Cole screaming about how Goodell screwed the Seahawks.

3. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

I'll still watch every Buccaneers game, probably while doing chores, and that's it. Not really because of bad calls -- those happen -- but the pace of some of these games is ridiculously dull. After a college football Saturday, it's too much and too drawn out.

4. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

I'm done, for real.

5. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I will watch because I'm a Republican and I like watching soulless corporations crush the little man for the sake of a few bucks and the satisfaction that they can. Makes me all warm and fuzzy.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Diehard NFL fans will keep watching; it's what they do, even the ones who root for the Packers. The league knows this.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

The NFL will wake up when Vegas mentions that gamblers have stopped betting on games.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It's more than the diehard fans, at least so far. Hell, i watched games with replacement players in 1987, but I'm really only watching Steelers games at this point.

9. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

I don't have a favorite team, so this is the most entertaining NFL I've ever seen. They should play MNF on Comedy Central.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I eagerly await The Daily Show's take on last night's game.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Governor Walker.

Stickin' to the union.

@GovWalker After catching a few hours of sleep, the #Packers game is still just as painful. #Returntherealrefs

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Seriously, the situations are not at all analogous. If you really want to know why labor unions have lost so much influence in this country, it might have to do with their blind supporters being so purposefully ignorant.

Draft saved Draft deleted