1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: Will You Continue To Watch NFL Games Officiated By Replacement Refs?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Care Bear, Sep 25, 2012.

?

Will you continue to watch NFL games officiated by replacement refs?

1. No

4 vote(s)
    7.5%
  2. Yes

40 vote(s)
    75.5%
  3. Undecided

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  4. I will say no, but I will still watch

7 vote(s)
    13.2%
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

And I'm one of them. (Minus the dead deer.) Still laughing, though. Partly because I think there's a three-year post-title happy window where you can't really be that upset. And partly because ... holy shit is this hilarious. The tweet from Onion Sports that old_tony posted, "Goodell to replacement referees: What the fuck? You dumb pieces of shit"

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

C'mon, this is great entertainment for the reactions alone.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I get a lot of Bears games in my market. It's either those choices, the Bears or suicide.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

This was the best night on Twitter since Montoya hit the jet dryer.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Here's a visual ///

Linda Cohn ‏@lindacohn
    The name of the field judge in tonight's replacement refs crew in Seattle...Richard Simmons. #mnf

6. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

FWIW Brees did just tweet saying, "I love this league and love the game of football, but tonight’s debacle hurts me greatly. This is NOT the league we’re supposed to represent."

7. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

I'll keep watching, but this stuff is a few steps from professional wrestling. It's nearing that territory.

As somebody noted today, they already have a perfect cloak -- rote incompetence -- for eventually fixing a result.

8. John

John Well-Known Member

I don't typically give a shit about the NFL, but I'm rather enjoying the chaos. That said, I hope it doesn't last much longer.

9. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I can hardly watch the NFL any less as it already stands.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I only watch the Packers and the postseason these days anyway. The NFL hasn't held my interest in at least 5-6 years.

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I have found these games to be genuinely unpleasant. They're confusing and slow even when the calls are right. But I'll keep it on in the background like always.

12. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'll keep watching. I love football too much not to watch. But it'll be with this sort of "can't look awat from the trainwreck" feeling.

Draft saved Draft deleted