1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

POLL: Will Obama ever be depicted on U.S. currency?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 20, 2016.

?

Will Obama every be depicted on U.S. currency?

1. Yes

23 vote(s)
    62.2%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    37.8%
  1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Darn right. Can we get Up with People on the $20?

[​IMG]

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm sure professional athletes wouldn't mind licensing their names and likenesses to the government. Currency could become more collectible.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Exactly. I'd totally forget that Franklin was on the $100 if so many rappers weren't always going on about getting the Benjamins.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I do need to make a slight correction to this, though ...

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Oh, I get it. A reference to the rampant inflation that anti-monetary policy folks having been warning us about for eight years yet still hasn't materialized.

Don't worry. When Ted Cruz is elected president he'll persuade everyone to return to the good old gold standard and we won't have any of these awful central banks using Keynesian monetary policy to stabilize the world economy.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Ragu know you're working his corners?

7. doctorquant

A guy can't even make a fuckin' joke ...

bigpern23 likes this.
  8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Threadjack:
    A colleague of mine recently returned from a trip to Disneyworld, which I found strange because she's a childless 50-something woman. I asked her what did she do there, and she replied that she was attending her annual Up With People reunion/convention. At Disneyland, natch. I told her I wanted to go to her next one, and create a This American Life segment.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If you meet people wherever you go, seems like the Up With People convention could be at someplace cheaper.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

An Up With People convention at Disneyland seems like one of those deals where it's either the biggest orgy you can ever imagine, or no one gets laid at all. There is no middle ground.

old_tony, TigerVols and SpeedTchr like this.
  11. doctorquant

I'd be down for a New Main Street Singers reunion if the right WINCs showed up.

12. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Could they rotate people on the front of a bill like they did on the back of the state quarters?

Draft saved Draft deleted