1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: What does SEC do to Richt/Georgia?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HackyMcHack, Oct 28, 2007.

?

Does the SEC office punish Mark Richt or the Georgia program for the celebration following the first

Poll closed Nov 4, 2007.
  1. Nothing at all

29 vote(s)
    72.5%
  2. Fine the school

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Fine Richt

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  4. Suspend Richt one game

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Fixed better.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Fixed best

3. Johnny Dangerously

I know when I've been outplayed. Nice work.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

let me know when you want to start the "Yo Momma is so" thread, substituting Half-pint for Yo Momma

5. Johnny Dangerously

Meanwhile, to tide pallister and others over until the celebration hits YouTube:

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Run Lindsay! ... Lindsay Scott! Lindsay Scott! Lindsay Scott! Lindsay Scott! Lindsay Scott!

7. John

John Well-Known Member

Still my favorite play of all time. I was seven when that happened.

8. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

seriously, such a great, great move by richt

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So Richt gets mad at his players for stomping on the center logo at a visiting teams' stadium after a win a couple of weeks ago "We don't do that here," he said. And then orders his team to leave the bench to celebrate excessively in the endzone against Florida?
    If the ref had any nads he would have ejected Richt and the players who left the bench. But hell, if you can get away with it. Go for it.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Richt would never say this out loud, but this is it:

He got mad a) because they were stomping on Vandy's logo; and b) because they were stomping on Vandy's logo after they won a game in which they had played like shit.

It all has to do with expectations. Richt sent a message to his team against Vandy: "We will not celebrate a crap win over a crap team." And he also sent a message to his team today against Florida: "I'm treating this like an important game; you better do the same."

That's why he was furious about the celebration at Vandy and all but orchestrated the celebration against Florida.

He knew exactly what he was doing.

And you know what? It was perfect.

11. BBJones

BBJones Guest

Now that the celebration has been explained, someone explain how it won them the game.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

With the way some have reacted on here you would have thought Richt scooped up some of UGA's dogshit off the sideline and smeared it on Tebow's helmet...

Sometimes you have to do something to get your team's attention... Considering how big this game was and how the Bulldogs usually fare against the Gators, I have no problem with anything Richt does...

Draft saved Draft deleted