1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

POLL: What do you drive?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lono, Dec 15, 2008.

?

It seems like a good time to ask what brand of car or light truck you drive.

1. Big Three (GM, Ford or Chrysler)

72 vote(s)
    49.3%
  2. Japanese brand

64 vote(s)
    43.8%
  3. European brand

5 vote(s)
    3.4%
  4. Korean brand

5 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. spnited

spnited Active Member

The first car that I actually owned was a '70 Malibu...bought it new for $2,600 .. so I didn't have to keep borrowing my older sister's lane '64 Dodge freaking Dart.

Cureently driving a 2004 Malibu...fully paid for .. and gettinig 24 mpg local and 35 highway. Problem is, as much as I like my Malibu, I'd prefer to borrow my older sister's 2003 Maxima. That is a great freaking car.

I've also owned (some were ex-wife's cars) ... '73 Olds Cutlass; '76 Chrysler Cordoba, '81 Buick Regal; '86 Mustang, '91 Pontiac Grand Am, '94 Olds 2000, '98 Plymouth Voyager, 2000 Saturn.

2. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Model T [/spnited] ;D

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

My Cobalt has been great, except for the time when I had the front bumper taken off on the mean streets of South Philly at 3 a.m. Other than that, not a single problem.

My wife is a Dodge girl and dreams of the day she can get an Avenger. She likes the Caliber, but is absolutely in love with the Avenger. When she has her Avenger and I have my Nitro...that'll be a good day.

4. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I will have a car payment forever because I like to have a new car every 3 years. Currently I'm in a 2006 red Ford Explorer/Eddie Bauer edition and I love it. Come July, I don't know what I'll go with but will seriously consider a hybrid version of the Explorer or maybe the Escape.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Cars I've previously owned: A '68 Volkswagen, a '73 Pinto, a '70 Chevelle, a '67 Plymouth Satellite, a '68 Ford Galaxy 500, a '79 Fiat 128, an '84 Toyota pickup, an '86 Charger, an '88 Monte Carlo SS, an '87 Regal, and a '90 Wrangler and a '92 Jetta.

Currently own: a '95 Cherokee Sport, a 2000 Buick Park Avenue, and a 2001 Ford Windstar.

Favorites: '70 Chevelle, '67 Satellite and '90 Wrangler.

Worst: '92 Jetta.

Totalled: '73 Pinto and '88 Monte Carlo SS

6. ink-stained wretch

ink-stained wretch Active Member

Dude, you need some serious driving lessons!

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

2000 Nissan Frontier, less than 40k miles on it

8. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

2000 Chevy Cavalier, which should hit 200K in the next week or so.

Love it. Easily the most reliable car I've owned.

9. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Navigator for me.

Eclipse for wife.

10. KG

KG Active Member

4Runner

11. joe

joe Active Member

Latest to first:
    1998 Mustang Cobra convertible & 1992 Toyota extended-cab 4x4
    1998 6-cylinder Mustang
    1996 Saturn SC1
    1994 Geo Metro (sky blue!)
    1989? Pontiac Fiero
    1980s Plymouth Horizon
    1982 Rabbit
    1971 Dodge Charger (with a 383)
    1972 Dodge Dart (Swinger!), which was murdered by cows one rainy night while driving home from Kansas City with our high school's foreign exchange student after seeing The Firm at Kemper Arena.

12. I Digress

I Digress Guest

I had a Chevelle in high school.. man I loved that car...

As a grownup, two Fords including a red Probe that I loved loved loved and drove for nine years. Best car ever. Then a VW, and I'll never go back.. to VW that is. Starting falling about at 5 years. Now? Honda mini van. I yearn for a Mini Cooper, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted