1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

POLL: What do you drive?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lono, Dec 15, 2008.

?

It seems like a good time to ask what brand of car or light truck you drive.

1. Big Three (GM, Ford or Chrysler)

72 vote(s)
    49.3%
  2. Japanese brand

64 vote(s)
    43.8%
  3. European brand

5 vote(s)
    3.4%
  4. Korean brand

5 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. ink-stained wretch

ink-stained wretch Active Member

Too many to count. The best of the worn out lot was an early '60s Plymouth Fury. Over-powered and sneaky quick.

Now satisfied with a 6-year-old Suburu Forester. Will buy another one if this one ever dies. And a year-old Honda Fit. Like that 40 mpg. Put on 20,000 this year. Most I ever put on a car in one year. My office.

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I went from a 1953 Pontiac (complete with light-up Indian head hood ornament) to a 2005 MINI Cooper.

[​IMG]

Jumped 50 years in car evolution in one fell swoop. Love my new car. Haven't had a moment of regret. Except maybe when I wonder how I'm gonna pack up my apartment in the next few days . . . .

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

weren't we supposed to be "driving" these by now?

[​IMG]

4. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

man i miss my jeep cj7

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Buddy of mine is rebuilding a CJ. It's taking more than two years for a tires-up rebuild. If he ever gets it done, it'll be pretty sweet.

6. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Flying Hibachi grills?

7. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Rocking a 2007 Toyota Corolla, it's about 1/3rd of the way paid off and I've put a tad over 40K miles on it since I bought it.

No problems yet, aside from two dents from people who don't know how to properly park and I'm going to give it a full working up once I hit the mid-way point of my payments.

I doubt I'll drive anything other than a Corolla for as long as I drive. I love....LOVE....that f-n car.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

If Saturn dies and Hummer manages to soldier on, everybody in GM's top management should be jettisoned from the back of a C-17 without parachutes.

9. Habeas Corpus

Habeas Corpus Member

A Cavalier. It's red. A red Cavalier.

10. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

2000 Hyundai Sonata. Took several long drives in it. Spacious backseat for passing out and such.

11. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

That's what I was wondering.

And yes, I drive a German car.

12. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

My first car was a 1988 Buick Century that my parents gave me as a first car when they got a newer one themselves back in 1999.
    It had about 75,000 miles to begin with. I bought a 2004 Chevy Cavalier, green, in July of 2004, and had it for three years until getting into a head-on accident on a snowy night in February 2007 with a snowplow. After that, I switched carmakers to Dodge, getting the blue 2007 Dodge Caliber I have now. It's good in the snow, a big plus, and the mpg are pretty good too. I wanted to get a Chevy Cobalt, but my fiancee talked me out of it, and in the end, the Caliber was a better car anyway.

Draft saved Draft deleted