1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

POLL: What do you drive?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lono, Dec 15, 2008.

?

It seems like a good time to ask what brand of car or light truck you drive.

1. Big Three (GM, Ford or Chrysler)

72 vote(s)
    49.3%
  2. Japanese brand

64 vote(s)
    43.8%
  3. European brand

5 vote(s)
    3.4%
  4. Korean brand

5 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

It's not. My stepfather had an early '90s Prizm - a GSi. Dependable and had really good pickup. If it had come with a manual transmission, I might have been jealous.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Have my first non-American, a Nissan. Best car I've had.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

2005 Chevy Colbalt. Next vehicle will be a Dodge Nitro. Those things are saweeet!

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

May 2011 is when I'm hoping to make my final mortgage payment.

Car payment? Not since March 2000, and never again (I hope).

5. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

I drive a seven year old Saturn SL1 that I paid like $14K for. It's got 130,000 abusive miles on it and gives me no problems. Still gets 35 miles a gallon on the highway. It's a great car and I'd gladly buy another Saturn when this one kicks it.
    But, alas, GM's going to kill off Saturn. I guess they can't make money selling good cars cheap. So I'd imagine I'll be a Honda or Toyota driver someday.

6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

January 2012 here. Tis will be a great day indeed. I won't be even thinking seriously about getting another car that I have to pay on until my student loans are at least mostly paid of or until I am making more money.

7. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Nothing but Pontiacs, thanks in part to the GM supplier discount. '89 Grand Prix (bought in '92) was my first, replaced by a '97 (in 2000). Loved that car and ran the hell out of it on the back roads around here, but had to dig it out of the driveway one too many times in the winter of '06, so bought an '07 Torrent that May. (Not only better in a foot of snow, but easier to pack for tailgates, too. For me, this was a crucial selling point.)

So far, no complaints ... and no car payments. Unless I run into circumstances beyond my control, I won't buy it unless I can write a check for it.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Right now, a 2007 Mazda 3. Drove one as a rental on our honeymoon and loved it. Bought one a few months later.
    It's the first foreign car I've owned. Before that was a 2004 Saturn Ion, a '98 Malibu, and an '87 Chevy Celebrity. I used to be a GM man, but I just love that Mazda.

9. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I drove an '09 Hyundai Sonata on a rental last week. That was a solid car.

10. Flash

Flash Guest

I went from a Dodge Aries K (crap) to two Pontiac Sunbirds (serviceable automobiles, hard to kill) and then to my beautiful, sweet Mustang and I miss her almost every day even though I love my Escape and the things it allows me to do.

I <3 Ford.

For now and forever. It's been good to me.

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Drove a small Chevy pickup for many, many years and was very happy with how it held up.

When the time finally came for a change, I got a Suzuki AWD hatchback and have been pretty pleased, thus far, but it's only been two years.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2006 Jeep Wrangler.

Draft saved Draft deleted