1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

POLL: What do you drive?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lono, Dec 15, 2008.

?

It seems like a good time to ask what brand of car or light truck you drive.

1. Big Three (GM, Ford or Chrysler)

72 vote(s)
    49.3%
  2. Japanese brand

64 vote(s)
    43.8%
  3. European brand

5 vote(s)
    3.4%
  4. Korean brand

5 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Bought a 2008 Chevy Cobalt w/about 28K this year, and so far I like it. Before that it was back-to-back Ford Explorers. The last one made it to 230K before it died.

Son drives a 2003 Ford and my daughter has a 2001 Honda w/235K.

2. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

2003 Jeep Wrangler. Love it. Although I rented a Chevy Impala earlier this year for a trip. I would buy one of those.

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

1999 Honda Accord. It runs great, but has a leak in the sunroof that caused a disgusting moldy smell.

And it's missing a hubcap. :)

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

My '93 Maxima is tired.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Still a 2005 Cobalt. Definitely ready for an upgrade. Mustang, maybe.

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

2005 Hyundai Tucson. Paid off. But I left my sunroof open one afternoon over the summer, and it poured in my car for over an hour. I've had so many problems since that day, but I refuse to think there is a correlation.

7. Here's my main trick, ya dig?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Last month we got Mrs. Cranberry (and Ms. Teen Cranberry) a loaded up 2010 Chevy Malibu LTZ w/V-6 and we're very happy with it.

Today, I'm picking up my new old car from the shop -- a 2000 Buick Park Avenue with only 52K miles that had been sitting in my driveway since my father--in-law's stroke about a year ago. I'll use it for going back and forth from the train station and weekend errands.

[​IMG]

Now I feel an urge to get fat and take up cigar smoking.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Sleek-looking car. I'd drive that.

10. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Hey, they can't all be Honda.

Still driving the same MINI, happily and comfortably. I also find reasons to borrow my father-in-law's spare car as often as possible. It's a 1970s or so model Mercedes Jeep - a "Galindavagen?" I never get the spelling right - a massive brown jeep my wife calls "the wildebeest." Finally found out the story behind its acquisition, and apparently the original, and previous, owner was William Peter Blatty, author of The Exorcist.

The power of that car compels me . . . to want to drive it.

Draft saved Draft deleted