1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: Were you that kid? Or maybe you still are?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Care Bear, Dec 18, 2009.

?

Did you always snoop for your presents before Christmas?

1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    48.4%
  2. No

29 vote(s)
    46.8%
  3. No point, my presents generally sucked.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I still do.

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Apple...not far from tree, etc.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Thank you, he'll be here all week.

3. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I wish I was joking.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

No, probably not, but it's the thought of deception that counts.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Three of you still search??? Do you ever ponder over that?

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Those are the BLOGGGGGGGGGGers among us, who still live in their parents' basement. :D

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Drawers, closets, basements, attics .. you name it, I probably went digging through it for presents.

Hell, I've torn the wrapping paper off gifts to get a early peek. A few times I had to add more tape to, uh, hide any evidence of tampering.

Between the ages of 10-14, I wasn't looking for a surprise Christmas morning. I just wanted to know if I got what was on my list. :)

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Not only did I not snoop for presents, 1) I bitched any time my parents asked me to open any of my presents early and 2) I went apeshit when my stepsister shook gift boxes labeled with my name and tried to guess what was in there.

I HATED opening presents before Christmas.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

With you on the shaking. That's another thing. Anyone picks up a box, I say, "Put it down now or I tell. Pick it up again and I tell."
    Yeah, I'm no fun. Except on Christmas a.m.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I didn't snoop but I do remember finding presents one year when I wasn't even looking for them. Opened the hatch in the back of my mom's station wagon when I was looking for something else and - bingo - there was a big stash of gifts.

11. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I snooped when I was a kid but out grew it really quick. My parents "hid" some things poorly so I thought that was all I was getting, then I was really surprised with other stuff on Christmas morning. I liked the surprise better.

Dr. J likes to snoop, the little bastard. But I don't hide things that well either. All he has to do is look in the spare room and his presents are spilling out of bags.

12. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

was a master snooper to the point mom started keeping my gifts at my aunt's house. my brother would wait til they were wrapped and then carefully undo wrapping paper and then re-wrap.

Draft saved Draft deleted