1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: Were you that kid? Or maybe you still are?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Care Bear, Dec 18, 2009.

?

Did you always snoop for your presents before Christmas?

1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    48.4%
  2. No

29 vote(s)
    46.8%
  3. No point, my presents generally sucked.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I still do.

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Me? Yes. Every time. I went to great lengths. And great heights.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

I did. My parents weren't very creative when it came to hiding them.

Hey, parents? Some friendly advice - kids will always look in your closet for their presents......but, if they're like my sons, they'll never think to look in their own. ;D

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I once had to get stitches from falling after snooping atop the refrigerator in the basement.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah. That's where I hide stuff I don't want them to find.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yeah, if my parents had been smart enough to put the presents under my bed or under a pile of crap in my room, I never would have found them.

Their closet and dresser drawers? Every time. They even started stashing smaller ones under their bathroom sink. :)

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

My parents started putting them in garbage bags in the garage, hoping we would think it was all just trash. Fools.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Nope. Later found out my parents hid the gifts in the suitcases. Also came to find out the big gifts were hidden in the elderly neighbor lady's home.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

The worst part: Once I found out, I was actually disappointed. No more surprise for Christmas morning, and it took the fun out in most ways.

But I kept doing it. I am a fixated person. :D

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

I don't believe that for a minute. ;D

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Never did ... I prefer the surprise. No fun in knowing ahead of time.

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

ditto

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

See, maybe this is just because I'm a colossal asshole. But I never played the snooping game and I ain't a real big fan of it now - even with kids in their 20s.

I always told all of them, wife included, here's where your presents are waiting to be wrapped. You want to know what it is, go look. You want to know without getting off your ass? Just ask. I will tell you.
    Or wait until Christmas and open them up.

They asked once. I told them.

We have a sun room off our TV-family room and there's a big-ass chair in there where my big ass likes to sit and read (and usually nod off and snore). There's a collection of bags and boxes behind that chair now (I will wrap during the snow storm). Family knows. They're welcome to look.

Ho ho fucking ho.

Draft saved Draft deleted