1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: We'd rather watch regular-season NFL than playoff baseball

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Sep 25, 2009.

1. joe king

joe king Active Member

And whose defect is that, exactly?

2. Crash

Crash Active Member

Preseason anything is awful. Preseason NFL is the worst, by far. A bunch of hacks who probably won't make the team play the majority of the game, and ESPN uses it to tell us why the 3-1 Detroit Lions are going to be markedly improved this year. Yuck. It's like the Pro Bowl for sucky players.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

At what point did 2 out of 5 preferring the NFL become a majority?

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Where ya been, spnited? I've been waiting for you to chime in and give your two wheat pennies' worth.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

In 2001, a sad-sack Monday Night Football game between the 0-4 Redskins and 0-4 Cowboys that ended with Dallas winning 9-7 outdrew Game 5 of the ALDS between the Yankees and A's (Game 3 was the Jeter "flip" game.)

When I saw the ratings, I just shook my head. Just goes to show that football is king.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Tomorrow I have my choice of either the Bucs or the Jaguars at 1 p.m.

Any baseball game would be preferable to that.

7. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Playoff baseball.

I generally don't watch the NFL until the playoffs. I prefer college football 10-1 to the NFL.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

As opposed to watching 300 pound guys huddle up in a circle every 20 seconds?

9. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

This is because most people have either gambled on the NFL game or want to watch their fantasy players.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Wasn't always so.

Fantasy has made the average NFL fan dumber by an order of about 10.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding.

If not for gambling, 75% of football fans--minimum--would not give a shit about the sport.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Fantasy football players still have a ways to go to reach the Dungeons & Dragons depths of fantasy baseball players, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted