1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: We'd rather watch regular-season NFL than playoff baseball

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I agree with Wilson's quote: It is pretty sad. I'll take any playoff baseball game over the very best NFL regular-season game every single time, and I love the NFL.

The story is longer, but this is the gist.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The NFL is more popular than baseball? Really?

I had no idea.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'd rather watch preseason NFL than playoff baseball unless one of the 3-4 teams I root for are playing.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

This is jarring news, but as long as wins are still the best way to measure a starting pitcher, I'll be fine. :D

5. John

John Well-Known Member

I haven't watched a baseball game all season, except for my trip to Wrigley, but I'll watch the playoffs.

I probably won't watch an NFL regular-season game, but I'll probably watch the playoffs.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I went to two games this season and those were the only full games I watched. I probably watched a combined nine innings on TV the rest of the year.

I watch the 1 p.m. and the 4 p.m. NFL games every week. I only watch the Sunday Night or Monday night games if it's a great matchup or one of the 3-4 teams I would say I'm a fan of.

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

They didn't ask me. 8)

8. joe king

joe king Active Member

You might have to go back 35 or 40 years to get a different answer.

And I'm with Mizzou. I'd rather watch almost any football than almost any baseball.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Motherfucker :D

10. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Yeah, I'd definitely rather watch a 16-13 NFL game than a playoff baseball game.

I can't see why anyone wouldn't want to watch the NFL, what with its basic predictability and copycat playcalling. Ooh, but they have the Wildcat now. That is tempting ...

(Of course, when I say 'playoff baseball game,' I mean the concept, rather than the reality, which is a 4-2 game turned into a 3-hour, 47-minute slog of commercials, pitching changes and Tim McCarver shouting.)

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

And that's pretty much it for me.

At-bats that last 5 minutes, in which which Fox shows 10 different camera shots of fans bundled up in their hoodies in between each pitch as the anticipation finally reaches a climax and we get another . . . foul ball.

And the cycle starts anew.

"Who won?"

"I don't know. Went to bed at 11:30. They were in the seventh-inning stretch."

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Agrees with me:

[​IMG]

*poking Cowbell with a stick* :D :D :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted