1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll on Americans' favorite sports/What is sj.com's favorite sport?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Jan 15, 2007.

?

What is your favorite sport?

1. Hockey

15 vote(s)
    13.9%
  2. Pro football

26 vote(s)
    24.1%
  3. College football

12 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. College basketball

7 vote(s)
    6.5%
  5. Pro basketball

4 vote(s)
    3.7%
  6. Baseball

29 vote(s)
    26.9%
  7. Auto racing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Golf

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Tennis

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Soccer

8 vote(s)
    7.4%
  11. Track and field

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  12. Boxing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Bowling

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  14. Other

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  15. Cricket

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  16. Curling

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Unlike NBA players like Carmelo Anthony, NHL guys know how to fight.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

In 20-30 years, the MLB's gonna be screwed.

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I agree with you and never made that leap. It's just that he's said so many times how nobody likes hockey and everybody likes football, that it would be nice to show him that this isn't everybody's view.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

One of my favorite funky sports: Snooker. (I caught a snooker tournament on the Beeb one Saturday afternoon while I was vacationing in Britain once and caught a fancy for it.)

Same for cricket. I have a basic understanding of the rules but have never tried to play it.

There are a lot of choices between team and individual sports. I keep up with the four major pro sports because I have local teams nearby, but of those, the NFL is tops, followed by the NBA and baseball. I don't follow hockey until the playoffs, other than the Stars.

Among colleges, football rules. Basketball is a fairly distant second.

As for soccer, I became a Man U fan back when they were the mid-80s Yankees, long before the juggernaut they have become since on so many levels. I follow the EPL and the Bundesliga, and get interested with internationals come World Cup and UEFA Cup time. I'll give MLS a try this year.

Of the rest, I'd have to say NASCAR is a nose ahead of golf, but a lot of that is from my dad running on dirt tracks when I was a kid. Maybe when the U.S. gets good in men's tennis again, I'll give the majors more than a once-over. (Sorry, R-Fed fans.) But women's tennis is way ahead.

Draft saved Draft deleted