1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

POLL: Hiding pregnancy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Aug 31, 2008.

?

When is the latest a woman wearing suits to work can hide pregnancy/not have it noticed by those who

1. 5 months

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. 6 months

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. 7 months

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I was more getting at the phrasing of WORST. POLL. EVER.

But what you said makes sense too.

2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Why are you wasting time here then? Go break the story. I mean, you have all the evidence. Print that shit.

Shouldn't be hard, should it?

3. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

K, I am a mom, so I'm assuming I'm allowed to post on this thread? [/dripping with sarcasm]

Back when I was pregnant with Rosebud, another woman at work was also pregnant. She was due about the same time I was. While I looked nine months pregnant about a week after conception, she never did look pregnant.

Ever.

All women are different and each pregnancy is different. My pregnancies were close and very different. I came very close to not making it with one of them.

A few years back, a neighbor down the road - very athletic - was pregnant with her third child. None of us knew she was pregnant, then one day she's carting a baby around.

4. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Then she probably stole the baby. :p

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Kid's 10 now, one of those kids who looks just like his mom and his dad.

Sorry, wasn't stolen. :p :D

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

We'll keep Dara Torres in abeyance before I consider that closed. Wait till she breaks it off with her endocronoligist.... partner.

7. You tried to establish that she was cheating just because she broke records after having children. You were thoroughly beaten for that hypothesis based on nothing but your cluelessness when it comes to pregnancy.

8. Simon_Cowbell

And there you have it.

A testimony that addresses my question, from a truly unimpeachable source on this board.

So, now at least, I can allow for the possibility it's true.

Still.... no pun intended, but something is hitting my nose-y that ain't a smellin' too rosy.

9. Simon_Cowbell

There still isn't a single post on that thread that successfully disputed my contention. Plus, there were posts from a couple of women who found her feats and the timing VERY suspicious.

Like I said... in abeyance.

10. I think she doped, but as I said on that thread, my suspicion is based on her age. Age has much more of an impact on a body than pregnancy ever will.

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

"This from a guy who debated which was going to be the bigger movie: E.T., or Krush Groove?"

"Hey, fuck you man, because time's gonna tell on that one."

"abeyance," indeed.

12. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Another mom chiming in.

I began showing almost immediately. Could not wear my jeans after 2 months. My belly was enormous by the time I went to the hospital to deliver. Granted, at the time I was very tiny (5'1" and 95 pounds prior to being pregnant.) I gained 40 pounds over the course of the nine months, but was still "all baby" at delivery.

Every woman carries a baby and the weight very differently.

Draft saved Draft deleted