1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: GOP voters prefer 'None of the above'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jul 17, 2007.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070717/ap_on_el_pr/presidential_race_ap_poll_3;_ylt=Auty87FhPJlahB76y02_j2oE1vAI

On the Democratic side, HRC leads Obama by a 2-1 margin. Democratic candidates out-fundraised Republicans $80M to $50M.

2. Mmac

Mmac Guest

The only problem is none of the above may still be more electable than Hillary.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This is going to be the most interesting presidential campaign of most of our lifetimes...

When was it ever this wide open on both sides? 1968?

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Where's Montgomery Brewster when you need him?

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I love the Google ads on these political threads... the one I'm looking at now says "Fred Thompson in 2008?"

umm.... apparently not.

6. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

If the results of 1968 are what we end up with, "none of the above" might be a good option.

Let's see ... one disgraced ex-President dropping out, one likely winner murdered, the guy who wins ends up being the most paranoid, corrupt President in American history and helped usher in the worst decade fiscally and socially since the Depression ended. But he did, of course, get us out of Vietnam.

7. Actually, and I hope I'm recalling this correctly, it's the first time since 1952 in which there is neither a sitting president or vice-president running.
    Assuming there's an election, that is.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

That sounds right. Eisenhower-Stevenson I: Non-Thrilla on Capitol Hilla

9. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Nobody has ever heard of most of the GOP candidates, save for McCain. And I wouldn't vote for McCain for dogcatcher.

The stupid son of a bitch continues rambling on about how MMA is human cockfighting and boxing is the so-called "sweet science" because he is a former boxer. After campaigning across the country to get governors to ban MMA, the stupid fuck admitted he never actually sat down and watched an MMA event.

Who the hell can vote for an idiot that shoots off his mouth without knowing the facts? Um, wait a minute, we've been voting for people like that for years.

10. Chad Conant

Chad Conant Member

Well, there's one in the White House.

Draft saved Draft deleted