1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll for Men Only Please: Oprah

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Dec 11, 2007.

?

Which of the following best describes your feelings about Oprah?

1. I feel about Oprah much the way Ted Kaczynski felt about modern technology.

7 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. I rarely use the word 'hatred' about people I don't know, but in her case I'll make an exception.

6 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. Find her annoying as hell.

20 vote(s)
    14.2%
  4. She doesn't bother me, but I wish she'd shut her fucking trap.

17 vote(s)
    12.1%
  5. I don't give a shit about Oprah.

26 vote(s)
    18.4%
  6. Ambivalent.

15 vote(s)
    10.6%
  7. Her show's not my thing, but she's done a lot of good.

39 vote(s)
    27.7%
  8. Like her.

8 vote(s)
    5.7%
  9. I rarely use the word 'love' about people I don't know, but her in case, I'll make an exception.

3 vote(s)
    2.1%
  10. I feel about her much the way Gosling felt about McAdams in [i]The Notebook.[/i]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If Jesus Christ came back (and I am in no way comparing Oprah to Jesus) and endorsed a candidate, I'm sure there would be people saying "celeb" endorsements don't or won't affect voters. Yet how many candidates make a lot of effort to gain the favor of well-known religious types?

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I went with annoying as hell. I'll occasionally walk into my parents house where my Mom is watching her and hear that damned annoying yell. Can't stand it.

I would have gone with the Ted Kaczyinski option, but I can't get that worked up about someone to actually want to blow them up. Except the 'Noid. Damn the 'Noid right to hell. :mad:

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

She occupies the same level of hell as Donald Trump and a notch below Rosie O'Donnell.

4. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Honest?

OK. Aside from dipping into some of her millions and buying a few friends by handing out cars during her shows, just what the hell has Oprah ever done?

I can not think of one person who is more overrated and undeserving of the accolades.

5. HandsomeHarley

Ditto.

6. heyabbott

She has taught million upon millions of people that they are ultimately never responsible for their own actions that there are always bigger reasons for your fuck ups.

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I can't believe that people would let Oprah decide whether or not they'll vote for Obama. What do you care what she thinks? You either like the guy or you don't. Make up your own mind.

8. HandsomeHarley

I'm not about to waste 15 minutes on the stupid bitch, or I would do a little research and come up with the facts.

But a few years ago, Oprah committed a FUCKING CRIME by trashing the U.S. Beef Industry. Yes, a CRIME. She was shown in all the papers and tabloids with a look of fear on her fat face because she was (gasp!) in trouble.

After the powers that be declined to prosecute, she went into a little victory tyranny about how fucking awesome she is.

That is why I hate her stinking guts.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

She's empowered women to think for themselves. Maybe that's why there's all this hatred for her by men. What's to be afraid of?

10. heyabbott

Phil Donahue did that

11. HandsomeHarley

If it takes a fucking talk show host to get a woman to think for herself, then she really isn't thinking for herself, is she?

The woman has a hell of a lot more problems than which talking head to tune in to.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Criticism of Oprah tends to meet at the perfect storm of misogyny and racism.

Draft saved Draft deleted