1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll for Men Only Please: Oprah

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Dec 11, 2007.

?

Which of the following best describes your feelings about Oprah?

1. I feel about Oprah much the way Ted Kaczynski felt about modern technology.

7 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. I rarely use the word 'hatred' about people I don't know, but in her case I'll make an exception.

6 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. Find her annoying as hell.

20 vote(s)
    14.2%
  4. She doesn't bother me, but I wish she'd shut her fucking trap.

17 vote(s)
    12.1%
  5. I don't give a shit about Oprah.

26 vote(s)
    18.4%
  6. Ambivalent.

15 vote(s)
    10.6%
  7. Her show's not my thing, but she's done a lot of good.

39 vote(s)
    27.7%
  8. Like her.

8 vote(s)
    5.7%
  9. I rarely use the word 'love' about people I don't know, but her in case, I'll make an exception.

3 vote(s)
    2.1%
  10. I feel about her much the way Gosling felt about McAdams in [i]The Notebook.[/i]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

No, I don't think his momma knows dumb better than you.

Perhaps we should start a poll ...

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I chose I didn't give a shit. Not because of any anger or hostility. I just really don't care. She does some good things, she also does some pr gimmicks. Great. People love her? Great. She doesn't influence, impact, or otherwise interact with me one iota, good or bad. I barely even pay attention to her when she's in the news.

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I frankly don't give a shit about Oprah....my best laughs come from the SNL shows of women pissing in their pants when a fake Oprah is doing a mock "favorite things" giveaway.

But I liked her a lot this weekend, taking Hillary's candidacy and shoving Obama in its face.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

that was stupid, even for you.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Hey dumbass:

Did she not go after Hillary last weekend? Did she not proclaim Obama as RIGHT for America....in the face of the friend she's had on her show numerous times?

CHEMISTRY REACTIONS EVENTUALLY DO AS THEY ARE EXPECTED AND YOUR BRAIN IS NO EXCEPTION

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

just as stupid, but along the same lines as you normally post. good to have you back salivicenema weasel.

7. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Thank you, Dooley.

In case you didn't notice, I dropped out of the commentary for a couple of days. My feelings toward Oprah, or anyone else in the news, has never had anything to do with race and it was turned into a racial issue, which is unfortunate.

The only thing that really pisses me off is assholes like The so-called Good Doctor who resort to name-calling and try to turn everything into a racial issue because they have such a political-correct view of everything. Take the stick out of your ass and you actually might be able to see past your nose. Most of us stopped name-calling in middle school.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Except you, obviously, since you just called me an asshole.

For someone with such a low opinion of himself, you cut down an entire group of people awfully fast.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i wish harley wouldn't have posted that right after i pulled salivicenema weasel out of my ass.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Or....less than 24 hours.

11. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted