1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: Date or not?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bucknutty, Jul 3, 2007.

?

Based on the situation below, is this a date?

Poll closed Jul 5, 2007.
  1. Yes

22.6%
  2. No

32.3%
  3. It might become one

45.2%
  1. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

Then why isn't her username IJAW? Eh? Eh?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Smart man...

3. accguy

accguy Member

i say it's a potential date. bucknutty might have a chance here.

I hope we get boots-like updates on this one.

4. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Sounds like a support group for gag reflex-ers.

5. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Well, I'm in a similar sitch.

This girl I wanted to bang at a former place of employment went off the radar for a few years. I subsequently join match.com and the first email I get is from her, outing me.

We've tried to set up drinks a few times, but in each and every instance, she's blown me off at the last minute.

As far as I'm concerned, it is now up to HER to plan it. And I will not, repeat, NOT pick up the whole tab.

6. Mizzougrad96

You can't look foolish by paying... You can look foolish by reserving a back table in a dimly lit restaurant and showing up in a suit with a dozen roses...

You can do a lot of things to scare a girl off... Paying for dinner is not one of them...

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

IJAG is who I am, I jaw is what I do. :)

8. Mizzougrad96

Be a gentleman... Just because you pay the first time doesn't mean you have to pay every time...

9. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

And here's another thing, I'm getting pretty goddamn tired of this "gentlemanly" crap. I plan dates, I hold doors open, I open car doors, my manners are perfect, it's all textbook Southern Gentleman-style.

If I pick up the tab on an outing (which I usually do), really, ladies, how goddamn hard is to call, send a thank you email or even a text?!? I'm really fucking sick and tired of women acting like their cooters are more precious than the Rosetta Stone or holier than The Wailing Wall, The Taj Majal and all of goddamn Jerusalem combined.

Really, how hard is it to even indicate the sheen of courtesy? It's not like I blow my nose in my hand, eat with my fingers and then serenade them with "Rocky Top" entirely in armpit farts over dinner.

My sympathy tank has run dry. If you're single and acting like a c'unt, tough shit. God ain't gonna stop making pussy any time soon.

10. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Um, wow.

11. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, I don't know how to respond to that...

Somebody needs therapy...

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

My thoughts exactly.

Draft saved Draft deleted