1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: Date or not?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bucknutty, Jul 3, 2007.

?

Based on the situation below, is this a date?

Poll closed Jul 5, 2007.
  1. Yes

22.6%
  2. No

32.3%
  3. It might become one

45.2%
  1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

God, how I hate men who pay because it's the "macho" thing to do.

I'm not sure I can name more than five times in my life in which I've let a man buy me a meal. And I'm talking long-term relationships included. I pay, or we split. I hate feeling beholden to someone.

To clarify, not judging spnited or kleeda, both good men. Just quoted theirs to say not every woman likes having the man pay.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Good, you're buying if you make it to NYC...... MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

3. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Damn you spnited. You beat me to it. I was just going to say...

Note to self: Go to NYC to meet IJAG.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Shit, that's a dutch deal, bitches.

and spnited, you're already staying in a fantastic hotel basically for free. So shut your face.

5. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

Boy, that sure makes you the exception to the rule, IJAG. Wish I'd have dated more girls like you in my time.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

I could stay in my own damn apartment for free ... if it weren't for the damn bus and train schedules.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Problem is you were dating girls.

IJAG is a woman. :)

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

And you know this because you double as her gynecologist when she's in Canada, because of the shortage of qualified doctors?

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Ew.

10. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Heaven forbid he do something nice for a friend without expecting something in return.

11. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I was saying if he was going into it expecting a date out of it and maybe a relationship. I said not that night, but in general. You don't have to expect something, but for a friend you haven't seen in a while, I would split the costs. If he is expecting a date out of it or a relationship, why be put out there for dry to trying to impress and woo if she doesn't want that?

I am just saying to split the costs to play it safe, and then afterwards he can buy the drinks. It's a fair deal. I usually buy everything, but I am going at it with a different approach.

12. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I enjoying buying for other people, because it's a nice thing to do, and it's a pleasant way to spend an evening with a friend.

I'm just saying he isn't putting himself out there all that far if he opts to do such a thing, though I have no suggestions as to whether he ought to.

Draft saved Draft deleted