1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: Date or not?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bucknutty, Jul 3, 2007.

?

Based on the situation below, is this a date?

Poll closed Jul 5, 2007.
  1. Yes

22.6%
  2. No

32.3%
  3. It might become one

45.2%
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Because there are no gentlemen North of the Mason-Dixon line...don't y'all know that?

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Here's the deal Sxy, if I say let's meet for whatever and you say, sure, I'm paying.
    If you say, "OK as long as you let me pay," you're paying...over my strenuous objections.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

If you get beyond two drinks and she sticks around, and she is not a lightweight, I say you're on firm footing.

Just make sure you don't have a drunk screw for the sake of it. Forget about any chance of a friendship afterward.

4. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

We'll just see about that at the NYC gathering.

5. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Sorry outofplace -- no offense intended. There are some yankees who are very gentlemanly, no doubt. :)

6. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

I'm not really worried...just trying to do my research like a good little journalist :-D

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

BN, your editor would be proud, but this is one case where I say research only causes trouble. You'll get more nervous/anxious. Go with the flow.

8. John

John Well-Known Member

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

S'okay...I just couldn't refuse the opportunity to be a smartass. :)

10. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

And then there are some...

[​IMG]

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

This requires no research. This requires enjoying yourself and letting it happen as it happens.

12. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

Agreed. Let what happens happen. If she's all over you, you get a date. If not, well, then you don't.

Draft saved Draft deleted