1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: 76 percent feel country on wrong track

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by deskslave, Jun 20, 2008.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Not a huge change from the past several versions of this poll, but still. 76 percent. Unbelievable. 17 percent say it's on the right track, down from 24 percent in April. Most of the wrong-track group blames the economy (6 of 10). Poor leadership and the war in Iraq were the next-leading vote-getters.

As an Obama supporter, I can't help but feel this augurs well for him -- electorally speaking anyway -- but I still don't think it's good news for anyone. It's damn depressing is what it is.

And, of course, the ratings for Bush and the Congress are dismal. 28 percent approval for Bush; 23 percent for Congress. Basically, no one trusts either party.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hm7_MiQM3mSMMD4qYOaxGWoKTIJwD91DA4EO0

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

NOTE: The other 24 percent were polled with their heads up their asses.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What annoys me is that 24 percent of the country are probably doing just fine thank you.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

.... standing by a big fucking vat in Guyana.

5. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I am one of the 24 percent, but it's not what you think. I love misery, and this is the first time the government has really stepped up and provided me with it.

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

What is a 'track', exactly, and why should I be on one at all?

Just the kind of generalized question that means nothing but is heartily embraced by those who could benefit from the effect of propaganda.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

10 percent are doing fine.

7 percent don't care because the GOP is God's party.

1 percent are military who keep showing the effects of battered-wife syndrome by supporting these murderers.

6 percent deep down know things are bad but just won't admit it.

8. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Great. According to members of this board, members of the military are now the equivalent of battered wives. Way to insult two groups of people who don't deserve it.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Normally I like most of what you have to say. But on this one...well, we'll just have to part ways in this particular argument because it's rather offensive to anyone who serves or has served that their military time is "supporting these murderers."

10. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

why do 76 percent of the people hate america?

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I didn't realize that the oil companies employed 24 percent of the people of america!

12. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

On the right track in terms of what?

Draft saved Draft deleted