1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: 2010 Ryder Cup captain

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TwoGloves, Sep 21, 2008.

?

Who should be the next U.S. Ryder Cup captain?

1. Paul Azinger

16 vote(s)
    45.7%
  2. Davis Love III

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  3. Fred Couples

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  4. Corey Pavin

6 vote(s)
    17.1%
  5. Other

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  6. Mark O'Meara

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  7. John Daly

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Lehman didn't win the PGA.

2. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Dispassionate Davis Love as captain of the Ryder Cup team? I just don't see it.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No way... he's pissed off too many people on the tour... the only excitement he generates is a desire to leave the room...

4. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

That comment by Miller was bizarre. Ben Crenshaw, Tom Lehman and Tom Kite didn't win the PGA. I don't know what difference that would make in picking a captain.

5. TwoGloves

Me neither.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You can't pick a guy as the captain when he's never played in the Ryder Cup. And do you want that loose cannon anywhere near responsibility?

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

It's a fair bet there won't be a repeat of Zinger. Payne Stewart's death kind of threw the rotation out of whack. O'Meara might have to soothe a lot of feelings within the PGA of America for being the instigator in the 1999 "We want to get paid" fiasco (people who think Tiger and Duval led that charge are wrong ... it was O'Meara, getting in Tiger's ear). Pavin's got a chance. Love still thinks he can make another team as a player.

I'd give Pavin the slight nod over O'Meara. They'll pick one before Halloween.

8. TwoGloves

But don't they tend to gravitate toward guys who are still active on the PGA Tour, which O'Meara isn't?

9. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

If we need to raise money to make Daly the captain I will gladly chuck in a $50.

Daly and Monty as captains would be the best thing that has ever happened to this event.

Imagine Americans and Euros tied with three singles remaining and they are all squared at the end of the back 9. Daly will go through about 20 packs of cigarettes in an hour.

10. TwoGloves

The Human Train Wreck was added to the list just for you!

11. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

John Daly, captain of the 2012 U.S. Ryder Cup team, sponsored by Hooters.

The man would never leave the beer tent, ever.

12. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

John Daly has a better chance of going sober the rest of his life than coming anywhere near a Ryder Cup.

Draft saved Draft deleted