1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

poll: 1/3 of american public suspects federal complicity connected with 9/11

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Herbert Anchovy, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

George Bush is a war criminal.

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Fenian pointed out the Vanity Fair article which will not help the argument. While the government was rather lax in its preventive measures, they would not simply allow citizens to die to come to some end.

Just think about the amount of leaks there are in the government. We learned about new ways to use a cigar for shit's sake. You want me to believe that the government can all get together and just allow people to die? All you need is one person with a conscious to say, "Hey, I was in on it and we let it happen."

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

It would amount to an open confession to treason. Not even these people are that stupid.

4. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Very. Well. Played.

Shit, that's just perfect.

5. I agree, Pastor, but what happens if the stuff actually does leak and we choose not to believe it because we refuse to believe the government would do X or Y? I've actually held the Operation Northwoods memo in my hand, where the JCS were (among other plans) going to blow John Glenn up on the pad and blame it on Castro. That lunacy got all the way to McNamara before somebody turned it off. If I'd have written that in the NYT in 1962, even assuming I got it printed, people wouldn't have believed it possible
    Skepticism ought not be paranoia, though, so I take your point.

6. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Look, the government can't even cover it up when the president gets a b.j. from an intern. You think it would be possible to cover up a fake terrorist attack?

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Maybe not, but it would be easy to cover up a real terrorist attack that you could have stopped but chose not to. Just sayin.'

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

David Brion Davis, The Fear of Conspiracy: Images of Un-American Subversion From the Revolution to the Present (Ithaca: Cornell University Press, 1971).

9. trounced

trounced Active Member

What mess?

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Going back, of course, eight years under the Democrats.

11. What was the title on that PDB that Fredo was too busy clearing brush to read?
    Whose AG was it that cut counterterrorism at the FBI?
    Whose FAA folks and whose Veep was it that now appeared to have, ah, tailored their testimony before the 9/11 commission? Which president was it who insisted on NOT testifying there under oath?

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I did say U.S. Government, not "this administration."

Draft saved Draft deleted