1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

poll: 1/3 of american public suspects federal complicity connected with 9/11

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Herbert Anchovy, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Trucha

Trucha Member

Um, how many Americans have died in Iraq and whose decision was it to go there? The point is, Bush and Co. were willing to sacrifice what is now close to 3,000 American lives in Iraq for their agenda ... so what's so far-fetched about 3,000 American lives in the WTC?

I'm not saying I believe what a growing number of Americans believe. But I'm not also willing to be among the head-in-sand crowd, either. Seems to me there's enough questions out there that EVERYBODY should want to get to the bottom of this. The pro-conspiracy folks haven't done a convincing job selling me on the idea of W's compliance or ignorance, but neither has the Bush crowd sold me that nothing fishy's gone on. I want more answers. Period.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

has to do with the fact that too many people think "government = Bush".

It doesn't.

3. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Bipartisan? Bipartisan in what? Signing off on whatever the White House wants?

OK, so Congress sucks because of the party that does not control it. That's a new one.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I saw that story on the wire yesterday. There was also a breakdown of the results that showed a correlation between the amount of education and whether you believed the US government was involved in 9/11. As you'd suspect, less education means you're more likely to believe in it.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

It's called negotiation. Congress used to work that way up until about 15 years ago.

If they'd spend less time firing bombs at the other side and more time trying to convince people to vote with them on issues they might actually defeat some of the things they think are so wrong.

Unless, of course, they don't really believe they're wrong and are just posturing due to their craven lust for power.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You mean like spending $60 million and holding impeachment hearings over a blowjob?

7. Gee, what happened 15 years ago?
    Well, the Republican party handed itself over to its most extreme members, allowed them to run amok with the investigative and impeachment proceedings, attained a majority. got more extreme, stopped holding oversight hearings, changed most of the rules, formal and informal, through which compromise was usually attained, and ran a bribe-o-mat the limits of which seem boundless.

8. Thanks for pointing out that story in VF. Hadn't seen it. Will definitely read it. I heard Rumsfeld slip during a 2004 interview on NPR and describe United 93 as the plane "we" shot down. In the report the NPR reporter even acknowledged, then dismissed, the slip up. Yeah, that was a scenario that had been embraced by the black helicopter, tin foil hat folks for a while, but why not follow up on it when it comes out of the Sec. of Defense's mouth?

It's not unreasonable to think that some in the government (and other DC insiders) were pleased about the opportunities 9/11 created. But to think that everyone who would have to be involved in such a large plot could keep quiet is asinine. It's the Pat Tillman, Jessica Lynch, Abu Graib, rendition (and possibly Flight 93) episodes that should be driving this total distrust of the folks leading the government. At least that's what's doing it for me.

9. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

NOW THIS IS THE SADEST OF THEM ALL CAUSE IF WASN'T FOR BUSH WE WOULDN'T HAVE TO BE IN THIS MESS.

10. I didn't know you could post those Refrigerator Poetry things here.

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

[​IMG]

LOUD NOISES!

12. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

IT WOULDN'T THE FIRST TIME THEY DID THIS TKAE BACK TO THE BUSH SENIOR DAYS.

Draft saved Draft deleted