1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

poll: 1/3 of american public suspects federal complicity connected with 9/11

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Herbert Anchovy, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

My point is a lot of people believe that.

2. dog428

dog428 Active Member

It's a little sad that this number of people believe the government had something to do with 9-11. But at the same time, it's a little more sad that our esteemed leaders at the White House have managed to so thoroughly screw shit up, blatantly break many, many laws and repeatedly lie to the public that they've now prompted a "Hell, I wouldn't doubt it" feeling in most Americans. That's the truly sad part -- that and the fact that 1/3 believe GWB is still fighting the good fight. WTF? Where the hell have these people been living the last six years?

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

My point is there are a lot of stupid people out there.

And I'm not calling the people who don't like our government stupid. I'm referring to idiots who think Roosevelt let PH happpen and Bush let 9-11 happen.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The Bush Administration has lied about absolutely every single solitary position, fact or announcement they've made; all those lies are slowly being exposed one after another. So it's no wonder a growing number of Americans believe we're being lied to about 9/11 as well. After all, tigers don't change their stripes.

5. Armchair_QB

Yet congress is less popular than the President.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah, but what about you, TigerVols? :D

7. dog428

dog428 Active Member

WTF?

8. Which is what happens when rubber-stamp extremist Republicans deliberately abdicate their Constitutional duties of oversight, and abandon the equal station among the branches of government that the Constitution demands of them.
    Secrecy breeds paranoia breeds conspiracy.

9. Armchair_QB

In the last survey I saw Congress had a lower approval rating than Bush did.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That's tough to quantify . . . at least until November.

Most people think more highly of "their" congressman than they do the others.

And since they can only re-elect (or bounce out of office) "their" congressman, how they feel about the others isn't all that important.

11. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I think you misunderstood my WTF reply.

Let me clarify: WTF does that have to do with anything mentioned here?

12. Armchair_QB

If the Democrats had any interest in truly acting in a bipartisan fashion instead of screaming like a bunch of spoiled six-year-olds who had their coloring books taken away Congress might actually have a chance of operating properly.

Draft saved Draft deleted