1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Politics board

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CarltonBanks, Jun 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think the person posting "Obama is a Mooooslim" pics is not the one to be asking for a politics board. I frankly hope the tolerance is nearly done among the moderating staff. And in reality, only about 2-3 of the intense political argurers are truly not back and truly not coming back.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

To me, the politics board segregated a lot of the crazee into one place. Now it spreads all over the place.

My policy would be this ... politics allowed on the politics board, go nuts, but not anywhere else on the site.

3. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

First of all, no one cares what you think. You have proven, time and time again, to be a pointless partisan hack. And to say I posted that picture for the reasons you are implying is a goddamn lie...and what's more you know it's a lie. You are a dishonest person who is worthy of mine or anyone else's contempt because you rarely make cogent arguments...you just try to play the "gotcha" game. You keep selling it, but no one is buying.

There are plenty of intelligent, rational and decent liberals on these boards. You should take a lesson from them. Unfortunately, you won't because, to be honest, you still have a lot of growing up to do.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

See ... if this were on the politics board, I wouldn't agree with it, but to me, it would be in its right place.

Here? Carlton comes off as a thin-skinned asshole troll who can't follow the basic rules of this site.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I agree and I applaud the moderators for being as lenient as they have been. I think under the current rules most of us don't start a political thread unless there is some news value to it and even then some are hesitant to do it, which is good.

I think opening the floodgates would be a disaster.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

QED

7. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

So you want to call me an asshole, huh? Cool. Meet you at recess by the swingset. In a post complaining about the rules of the site you call someone an "asshole troll." Yeah, better not open the politics board back up. Some people can't handle discussing things like grown-ups.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Carlton calling somebody a political hack is like John Wayne Gacy calling somebody a creepy clown.

9. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Mods, please delete this thread. I should have known better.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

This. Pushing the envelope because you don't like the rules time and time again as opposed to making legit points in a non-partisan way is part of the reason why we're better off without a politics board.

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Anybody get the feeling we answered our own question here?

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Amen, brother.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.