1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Politics board closed

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by greenlantern, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Just wait. 12 more hours and this thread will be locked.

2. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Imma gon soo yer ass.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Why can't you come this strong when you post your football picks?

:)

4. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

I liked the fact that I could completely ignore the Politics Board. Before we had it, Anything Goes was full of politics threads, which was annoying.

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I totally understand Webby/Moddies' decision... but just so I understand protocol...

When a Rush Limbaugh attempts to buy a St. Louis Rams team... are we allowed to discuss it? What happens if a political discussion breaks out on a 'normal' thread?

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

And that's what they'll become again.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Won't take that long.

Bring it!

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

As someone who spent a good deal of time on the politics board - and hopes he didn't contribute to its demise - this pretty much sums up my reaction.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Of course that can be discussed - that portion of it only. If it veers way out of control, well, the discussion will stop.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Big Circus, the problem is that everyone ALWAYS has to be right, and everyone ALWAYS has to be wrong. Never a middle ground. Never understanding. Always spit-flinging shitheads trying to impose their miniscule world view on everyone else.

Discussions about government and our country and the people who run it?

You think that can happen without the schumuckery that soils that board every hour of every day?

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I don't know about you, but I'm going to miss the Politics board. Not only was it some extremely interesting reading, but I actually learned from it. Without it, I wouldn't have found such excellent sites such as fivethirtyeight.com

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Hey, you got some spittle on me, Schmuck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.