1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Politics board closed

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by greenlantern, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

That's about the only thing I ever did with the politics board. It's a great time waster.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Thanks for showing a better way, LBJ

3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Stupid people who disagree with me causing the politics thread to be shut down.

I keed. I keed. :D ;D :D

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

My question as well. There's 'politics' and then there are newsworthy timely topics. Hope we can still discuss the latter from time to time.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

So it's pretty much blatant censorship. Is that about right?

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Your constitutional rights are not being suppressed.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Other than the health care threads, I can't say as it will be missed. The moderators now have time to clean up all the fingerpaint and paste the children consistently tossed around that place. Thoroughly embarrassing.

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Moddy,

Was there something in particular that put Webby over the top on the decision?

I'm only a quasi-regular-contributor, but I'll cop to having been on the Rush/Rams threads quite a bit. I hoping it wasn't something I posted.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The politics board closing might be the funniest (saddest) thing to happen on the Web in a long time.

What, you guys seriously can't talk about politics without the mean-spirited vitriol? All y'all think you're so much smarter than the next schmuck trying to get his point across?

Do you guys read what you post in the first place? Stupid Dems. Idiot Republicans. Moronic everything-elses. There is hardly one of y'all "politics people" that know what the hell you're talking about anyway. This isn't exactly a think-tank of the political-minded. Oh, there are some -- many -- valid points from time to time.

But to slunk so low in your petulent ramblings that you have to get a politics board shut down is just ... the funniest, saddest thing I've seen here.

10. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

No, not right at all. Freedom of speech is not absolute, hondo.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yep. You got it Hondo. Dead on. We're exposed. Nice work! You win an award.
    We're just a bunch of asshole censors here!

Luggie - no. Just the craziness and out of control venom some posters can't seem to control. The reaction of some on this thread gives you a good idea of what I mean.

Censors. Holy fuck. This is a privately owned message board, dude. We can do what the hell we want. If I came in your house and called you a mofo and you threw me out (as you should), should I scream censorship? Take that weak ass shit somewhere else.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

It's like Wal-Mart deciding to not sell guns. It's their store. You can buy guns somewhere else.

But it does seem sad that a message board like this one can't have discussions about government and our country and the people who run it. Hope we can work our way back to that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.