1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Politics board closed

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by greenlantern, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I don't want to see the political threads on other boards. The politics board was the best thing to happen to sports/news because I didn't have to skip over those threads.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I think the networks should take this tact and shut down their cable outlets.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

There shouldn't be any. Any threads involving politicians, political commentators, government actions -- poof.

We'll talk about other things, or find other boards.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

As long as we don't have to talk about the Steelers...

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You won't have to skip over anything. SJ is now a politics free zone. Those who want to talk politics have plenty of other options on the Web. This is no longer one of them.

6. You had me .. then you lost me.

7. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Sorry for posting that naked picture of Margaret Thatcher Sunday night. I thought it would be funny. My bad.

8. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Does that include Canadian politics?

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Yes, except when there's talk of an election in the near future. So essentially no.

10. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Hahaha ... brilliant.

11. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I'm kind of torn about the closing of the politics board. It was fine unintentional comedy seeing (alleged) adults argue like my kids. You'd always have one side bait the other, and often when facts were presented, they were ignored by the other side. That usually resulted in a few f-bombs and the pissing matches would escalate. One of the first things I'd do on the politics board is see which one was locked and read the downfall of the thread. I was surprised they often got as far as they did.

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Serious question: say a famous political radio talk show host is trying to buy a share of a professional football team. Is that discussion verboten?

Though I participated on the politics boards, I salute their removal. Political discourse in this country is horrid right now, and I guess we can't expect this board to be any better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.