1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Political loyalty quizzes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Jan 9, 2008.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

10 (but, really, I just fudged that one for effect), 2 and 9.

Works for me.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Re Dubass: "Your score is 0 on a scale of 1 to 10. You hate Bush with a writhing passion. You think he is an idiot, a liar, and a warmonger who has been an utterly incompetent, miserable failure of a president. Nothing would give you greater pleasure than seeing him impeached and run out of the White House, except maybe seeing him dragged away in handcuffs." About right.

Re Dumbicrats: "Your score is 9 on a scale of 1 to 10. You are a pure, unabashed, die-hard Democratic loyalist. You are appalled by the way Republicans are turning America into a theocratic, corpo-fascist police state, and you'd gladly walk through a furnace in a gasoline suit to elect a Democratic president. In your view, there is no higher form of patriotism than defending America against the Republican Party and every intolerant, puritanical, imperialistic, greed-mongering, Constitution-shredding ideal for which it stands." Damn. I didn't think I'd score nearly that high.

Re Repugnicans: "Your score is 0 on a scale of 1 to 10. You are a pure, unabashed, die-hard Democratic loyalist. You are appalled by the way Republicans are transforming America into a theocratic, corpo-fascist police state, and you'd walk through a furnace in a gasoline suit if it meant casting a deciding vote for a Democratic president. In your view, there is no higher form of patriotism than defending America against the Republican Party and every intolerant, puritanical, imperialistic greed-mongering, Constitution-shredding ideal for which it stands." Oh geez. I didn't think it'd be QUITE that low.

4. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

0, 10, 0.

5. It'll be interesting to see how this pans out for everybody.

Remember, there's no liberal bias in the media.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

SportsJournalists.com, Lyman. I don't cover politics. Never have, never will.

But keep looking for that liberal bogeyman. You'll find it eventually.

7. LeoDrummond

LeoDrummond New Member

0, 10, 0.

But I still think the Democrats have no fricking clue, and their candidates are clown-car escapees who are out of touch with the common folks.

8. Doesn't matter, Doc. I don't think the leanings here are any different in the non-sports j-world. In fact, there might be more righties here.

All I have to do to find the "bogeyman" is open a newspaper. In fact, it usually finds me.

9. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Look at the alternatives, my friend.

10. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

First, 0, 10, 0.
    Second, Lyman, this schtick is older than Dikembe Mutombo. The New York Times just decided to give a platform to the delusions of William Kristol. The Philadelphia Inquirer recently saved spurned Senator Rick Santorum from unemployment. Maybe I could find that liberal bias, if I didn't have to wade through so many pages of right-wing whining about it in most newspapers.

11. Well, it isn't schtick. Great, the NY Times has Kristol and, most of the time, David Brooks. That's it. How many columnists do they have overall?

Citing one or two without citing the six or seven on the other side is disingenuous, at the very least.

12. Oh, and let's not just cite op-ed writers and ignore the rest of the newsroom

Draft saved Draft deleted