1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Political correctness has ruined country humor."

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KG, Aug 28, 2008.

1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Political correctness wouldn't have such a bad rap if people called it by a more accurate name, like societal correctness.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Damnit, beat me to it.

"In the deep, dark hills of Eastern Kentucky ..."

I prefer the term "Liberals want to control what people think, say and do because they're smarter and more enlightened than the idiot masses," but it's a little bulky in conversaton.

3. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

The woman wanted to protect her children from verbal abuse! She must be a libruhl! ::)

4. pallister

pallister Guest

Speaking of verbal abuse, thank God I never actually have to hear any of you lefties speak. :D

5. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Since the story never actually describes what happened, or gives the complainants' side of the story, how about

"Pervy Senior Stalks Tweens Through Piggly Wiggly, Makes Wisecrack"?

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

So nothing should ever offend anybody? The way you're not offended when someone disses people who get tattoos?

7. pallister

pallister Guest

All my liberal bashing aside (all in jest, of course), this guy was an idiot. A creepy idiot at that. Not every "joke" is for public consumption. While jail is harsh, he should have known better.

I'm offended by you, dools.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm calling you tonight.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm disappointed. I thought maybe this would be about Larry the Cable Guy being banned for making fart or underpants jokes.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Well, Ace, if it makes you feel better, I wear sleeveless shirts because I have the right to bare arms.

11. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

This is what killed Jerry Clower.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If you said that in a Southern accent, it was funny.

Draft saved Draft deleted