1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Political Contributions from people in Sports media

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by eyeonsportsmedia, Dec 6, 2007.

1. The Dems started the war, the GOP ended it...

2. Guess it makes up for virtually every Hollywood denizen being a Dem.

3. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Good point. So how about that Thompson campaign? Governor Schwarznegger? The Reagan presidency? Maybe we should ask Bruce Willis, Charlton Heston, Clint Eastwood, Jay Leno, Sly Stallone, Tom Selleck, Drew Carey, and Mel Gibson what they think. Get the hell out of here. That's one of the dumbest sweeping generalizations considering the political divide in Hollywood is probably pretty comparable to the nation.

4. And you can go through that sports list and find a fair amount of Dem contributors, too.

Citing five or six in Hollywood who give to the GOP doesn't invalidate my point. I'm far from the only one who makes it.

It's not a sweeping generalization. It's the truth. Which is fine. But go ahead and make sweeping generalizations of your own all you want.

5. Dangerous_K

Maybe you should re-read what I wrote. I commented specifically on those listed in that particular site, and every golfer and auto racer is listed as conservative. Once again, commenting on the list.

6. Got it, sorry. Check the entertainment list. I'm willing to bet the number of people there who contribute to Dems is far larger than the total number of golfers/auto racers on that list. By a country mile.

I don't care if that's the case, on both sides. Compared to Hollywood, your apparent condemnation of the golfers/auto racers as being virtually monolithic rings hollow.

7. Dangerous_K

Condemnation? CONDEMNATION? Again, re-read what I wrote. Where is there, ANYWHERE in what I posted, a condemnation? Methinks thou doth protest too much.

8. Shocked -- shocked -- to hear that. :)

But you sure were all over me for pointing out how hard Hollywood tilts left.

9. Dangerous_K

For precisely why I posted it: because the vast liberal divide is blown out of proportion. I would surmise Hollywood is probably a 60-40 liberal-to-conservative split, which is actually pretty indicative of Los Angeles as a whole.

Draft saved Draft deleted