1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

political attack ads

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Is there any Web site or other source where I can get unbiased information about attack ads that political candidates run about their opponents?
    Whenever I see an attack ad, I always assume that I'm not getting the whole story, that there's something a candidate isn't telling me and probably doesn't want me to know.
    For example, here in Massachusetts, Kerry Healey is running an ad attacking Deval Patrick about his involvement in the case of a convicted cop killer whose death sentence Patrick helped overturn (I think it was in Florida, because the ad said Gov. Bob Graham originally approved the death sentence). I'd like to know more about that case. Why was the death sentence overturned? Maybe there was a good reason. Maybe there wasn't. I'd like to know why and I'd like to know more about the case.
    If all there is to go on is what the Healey people show in the ad, I'm inclined to vote for Patrick just to spite them.

2. Two best attack ads:

3. August West

August West Member

http://www.factcheck.org/

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

All Kerry Healey brings to the table is killer hair (and the ability to stand worshipfully in the background behind Mitt Romney).

5. They are the all-Hair ticket, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted