1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Police want to question Pacman Jones about triple shooting in Vegas

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by thebiglead, Feb 19, 2007.

1. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Re: Anyone else hearing Pacman Jones-Vegas rumors?

I figured it was a story that would pop tonight and tomorrow, and be all over the news ... so why not help out any NFL folks who may be interested?

You never know ... maybe the Tennessee papers that cover the Titans can squeeze it into the paper.

I had googled the hell out of it, and came up empty.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If it wasn't confirmed, TBL, why the hell did you run it as if it were an official blow-by-blow account?

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Not like he didn't make every disclaimer he could about it, though. Pretty obvious this was all hearsay ... until the NFL confirmed.

But he wasn't pulling this out of thin air, it seems.

4. Taylee

Taylee Member

Yeah, like Ohio State treads on the moral higher ground. I forgot how proud OSU must be of Clarett, but I guess he did win them a title.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Is your reading comprehension that bad, or did you feel the need to be redundant when quoting my post talking about how even the Buckeyes backed away?

6. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

What he said.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

But if you purport to do journalism, you describe something about your sources without directly identifying them. "Las Vegas is buzzing about..." does not qualify.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Mr. All Caps is my new fave

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Just moved on the wire:

"One eyewitness said Pacman seemed to be under the influence of some type of drug which, when ingested, caused him to run around trying to eat fellow partygoers, several of whom were unable to escape. The effect was short-lived, however, he allegedly consumed a number of these suspicious pills at various times throughout the evening. It's believed he may have been accompanied by a female whose identity is unknown, although she was reportedly wearing a large and distinctive red bow on the top of her head.

"The only evidence of Pacman's rampage was several sets of googly eyeballs, all of which were scampering back to some sort of regeneration chamber. The known victims have been tentatively identified as Blinky, Pinky, Inky and Clyde, last names unknown...more on this as the story unfolds."

;D

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Exceedingly well done.

11. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I might have to retract how dumb I thought the Las Vegas' 'gangbanger' and 'hip-hopper' comments were. :(

12. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Just a hunch, but this story isn't going away because Pacman claims to not be involved (though he admits to being there). I have a feeling there will be some more news breaking on this topic in the coming days.

If i were an editor at the Tenn paper, I might even send someone out to Vegas to poke around.

Draft saved Draft deleted