1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Police tix today: Anyone else get blue balls from Ticketmaster?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Feb 20, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Well, I've listened to The Police for decades too. But the last time they toured, I was 9 or 10. It's not like I'm eager to blow at least $70 on a band that tours every other year--though there are some artists who are worth such an investment (Billy Joel). There are certain bands you feel you should see. The Police is one of them.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

I'm just cheap.

3. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Back to how bad TicketMaster blows, I bought six $59.50 tickets for a show here in July.

The total was $448. You do the math.

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

My favorite "Ticketmaster bootsed me" story:

I decided I'd go to all the Hurricanes' Stanley Cup Finals games last year. Also decided I'd make a little money scalping offering tickets to the less fortunate in the process.

Ticketmaster had a rule that you could only order four tickets per game at a time. And previous experience convinced me that ordering online (with eight browsers working at once) was the only way I'd be able to pull this off.

So, in coughbullshitcough charges, I paid:

$15.40 Convenience charge for each of the 32 tickets.
    $3.65 Order processing fee for each of the 8 orders.
    And my favorite ... $19.50 UPS fee for EACH of the eight orders. That's right. Rather than lump all the orders together, they sent me EIGHT SEPARATE FUCKING UPS packages.

Total: $492.80 + $29.20 + $156 = $678

I was about THISCLOSE to going all Columbine at their offices.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

$72 to see the Police? That's not bad...

I used to go to about 20-25 concerts a year. Now, I go once or twice because prices are so insane.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I refuse to see over-the-hill rock performers doing cash-grab, huge-venue tours.

7. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Ticketbastard and the promoters of the show have already sold the majority of the tickets to brokers. That's how this shit works. Organized crime at its best.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Junkie, I don't question their musicianship, especially Copeland's.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Giants Stadium, Sunday Aug. 5 ...tickets went on sale at 9 a.m. I completed my order of 4 by 9:10.

Can't wait to here the dickhead whine like a little bitch.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fuck you douchebag, I got my two tix! Of course, I'm sitting in Fort Lee. But at least I'm there.

So fuck you! I can't believe you're going to be there for a non-Springsteen show. Are you going to break out in hives upon walking in?

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

My tickets are in Secaucus but at least it's in the building!

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Apparently we should be Police Fan Club members. For just $100 annually, we could have bought tickets in a special pre-sale! Sheesh. Like they're not making money hand over fist WITHOUT the fan club violations.

Draft saved Draft deleted